TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· I heard that
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked season 1. But I watched the first episode of season 2 last night and I have no idea what I was watching. It barely seemed like the same show. If anyone can explain it to me, I'd appreciate it.

· I am Groot!
58,187 Posts
I thought the first half hour was absolutely terrible...bad, artsy crap. It gradually got better during the second half, and when the actual cast showed up I started to be interested again.

But I think Lindehof was trying to punch way, way above his weight. He's nowhere near as smart and artistic as he apparently thinks he is. Who can make hot naked chicks running throught he woods boring?!?

· Registered
12,001 Posts
The first ten minutes of that show I could have dealt without. The message was being rammed down our throats so hard.

I knew exactly what was going to happen when the dude opened the door to the diner with a goat.

But overall, I didn't mind it. I was happy to see Matt again (he's my favorite character). It was interesting to see another part of the country for once.

· Registered
1,272 Posts
The first half hour left me wondering "what happened to this show?" Last year it was one of my favorites. Like others said it improved the second half and hopefully has gained footing.

What was the purpose with the opening sequence? Will it ultimately be part of an explanation for why 2% disappeared?

· Registered
3,976 Posts
I really liked season 1. But I watched the first episode of season 2 last night and I have no idea what I was watching. It barely seemed like the same show. If anyone can explain it to me, I'd appreciate it.
Wait for next week.
The previews tell us that we're going to see the beginning episode over from the point of view of the ex-sheriff's family. This episode is showing us how things work in Miracle before the folks we know show up; a little bit of supernatural and a whole lot of people in pain, just like last season.
Remember too that in the first season it also took a long time for us to be shown how all the parts fit together.

· I am Groot!
58,187 Posts

· Registered
4,775 Posts
I liked it. I didn't think it was too arty or anything else. The Leftovers has always been on the bizarre side.

I'm finding the dynamics of the new family pretty interesting especially the Dad fireman character... burning down houses and giving possible poisoned pies to the new neighbors.

I LOVED LOVED the TV news about the sitcom star hiding in Mexico pretending he was dead - although I can't for the life of me remember who it was this morning.

Of course, I did spend the first half wondering where anyone we knew was but the moment Kevin Garvey showed up I got a sense - - - OK they are rebooting the story here.

What was up with that mysterious pie? I half expected the Dad to try to stop them from eating it...

· Unregistered User
5,670 Posts
By the time the guy brought the goat into the diner and slit its throat, I was asking myself if this was the Twin Peaks reboot instead of The Leftovers reboot.

I still like the show, though, and am looking forward to seeing where it goes.

· tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
I was close to killing my SP the entire episode.
sorry to hear, i've enjoyed this season so much more than last season.

I've had enough of Patti. The ending was worth sticking around for.
i can think of few characters written i've despised as much, kudos to the writing team. i'm also ready for patti to move on, but not at the expense of the story, here's hoping they don't inject a cheesy recovery for kevin.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.