TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a premiere and a roamio and both are Ethernet connected to a 100mbps or faster network. The Netflix app is slow to load and slow to control but the video is flawless.

Is it just a small RAM problem? Is there anything we can do? It's frustrating

· Well-Known Raconteur
19,671 Posts
We have a premiere and a roamio and both are Ethernet connected to a 100mbps or faster network. The Netflix app is slow to load and slow to control but the video is flawless.

Is it just a small RAM problem? Is there anything we can do? It's frustrating
It's the Premiere. It takes over a minute to load on my Elite, and 10-12 seconds on my Roamio.

I just retired the Elite, and replaced it with a Mini Vox. Partly because I no longer needed the tuners, but also to get the faster load speeds.

· Cranky old novice
9,541 Posts
Premiere is always slow. Buy another roamio or a bolt is the only "fix".
Or a Mini.
Or, even better, a Fire TV or Roku. :) TiVo has always been subpar on streaming apps.

I'm currently running a Roamio base model and paying through the nose for Spectrum cable TV. If Spectrum raises my rates again or my Roamio fails I'll be cutting the cord. I can get what I want with (for example) PlayStation Vue and my Fire TV. Since Spectrum has a local monopoly on broadband internet I won't save any money but at least I won't have to nurse my Tuning Adapter along and suffer lousy TiVo program guide data.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.