TiVo Community Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

· Banned
33,721 Posts
crazywater said:
Thank you Doctor :confused:
I wasn't saying that was you, I was extrapolating what you experienced to how others (like, say, Bill O'Reilly) have reacted to similar "incidents".

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was calling you psychotic. That was not my intent. :eek:

I haven't read enough of your posts to form an opinion on that yet. :D

· Registered
206 Posts
hmm, so what does this christian, flaming liberal think about all of this? i am not offended if someone wishes me happy holidays instead of merry christmas. get over it people, there are far more important things in the world, or even in this country to be worried about.

off-topic, i for one, am very amused by all the congressmen and senators who are donating their illegal campaign contributions to charity, to avoid jail. i, for one, am amused that pat robertson says sharon deserves to die for dividing god's country; i, for one, am amused over illegal wiretapping and the words in 1984 ringing more true every day. and that's just the icing on the cake.

· Registered
12,001 Posts
ETA: I'm just going to try to bring this on topic instead of respond to diminish the off topic posts.

Has Letterman been inviting guests recently that he has a propensity to duke it out with? I remember when Oprah finally came back on and it turned out to be nothing.

· Banned
33,721 Posts
RegBarc said:
Has Letterman been inviting guests recently that he has a propensity to duke it out with? I remember when Oprah finally came back on and it turned out to be nothing.
My understanding is that ever since the emergency heart surgery, he's been a little bit more edgy and willing to go out there. Kind of as if, once vividly confronted with his own mortality, he's decided to say "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" He's decided to be who he wants to be as opposed to being who he thinks everyone else wants him to be.

· Premium Member
11,086 Posts
I think letterman deliberately chose not to use facts against Orielly because he didnt want to get into a debate. I think he knows exactly the details on a lot of Orielly but once you get hooked in a debate with an idealogue be it religous or political its no win. So he just simply argued in a way Orielly couldnt argue back.

· Banned
33,721 Posts
zalusky said:
I think letterman deliberately chose not to use facts against Orielly because he didnt want to get into a debate.
That and because it's been fairly well established that using facts when discussing anything with O'Reilly is largely pointless. ;)

· Evil Genius
8 Posts
I thought it was funny that BEFORE Christmas, all the networks were playing "Happy Holidays from (Insert name of network here)" and AFTER Chirstmas it was "Happy Hanukkah from (Insert name of network here)".

· Banned
33,721 Posts
DrC4 said:
I thought it was funny that BEFORE Christmas, all the networks were playing "Happy Holidays from (Insert name of network here)" and AFTER Chirstmas it was "Happy Hanukkah from (Insert name of network here)".
2 possible explanations for that:

1) After Xmas, Hanukkah is the only holiday still active

or

B) Jews control the media.

:D

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.