TiVo Community Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
12,001 Posts
I have more respect for both of them now. I'm no big fan of either guy, but I liked to see this side of Lettermen (he had a good grasp on what he was talking about) and a the more calm side of O'Reilly (he also had a good grasp of what he was talking about). I thought Letterman was a little...brash...with O'Reilly, but it was an interesting change from his usual form.

On a side note, how's Pennsville? Alloway/Woodstown native here, and I was active with those ambulance squads in the likely event you know someone. ;)

· Registered
12,001 Posts
iceturkee said:
first, i'm not a guy. second, and most important.....my point is that i believe most conservative parents, who support the war, would disuade their children from enlisting or going into rotc. if you don't agree, that's your opinion.
My parents are so far to the right, it makes me look like a hippie.

My brother got back from Afghanistan 1 year ago, is in Baghdad now, and got promoted to Sergeant in a scout/sniper unit. My father actively encourages both of us to do what we want to do, and if we want to serve our country, go right ahead. He himself is a disabled veteran of Vietnam, and every male in this family going back 225 years has served in the military, and every war.

While this isn't an example of all conservative parents everywhere, I simply don't agree with your chicken hawk analysis. You are more than entitled to your opinion, but if you want to start labling people, I would appreciate some empirical evidence to prove your point, or at least back it up. My apologies if I come off as brash, but what you typed struck a chord with me.

· Registered
12,001 Posts
peacefield said:
I'm kind of at a loss as to why talk show hosts like Letterman even have political commentators as guests. If I watch Letterman, I want to be entertained with jokes, etc, not watch a political debate. I guess for some reason I don't really find an exchange between O'Reilly and Letterman amusing.

Maybe I'm not being clear (I have trouble sometimes articulating what I mean), but if I want to watch a debate or see talking heads go at each other on TV, I'd rather see one that was serious and where experience and backed-up comments prevailed.

Oh, and same goes for plain old celebs that are on a talk show like Letterman's. If you go on a show, don't talk about politics! I hate that. Just talk about what you do best and keep the rest out of it.

Why can't all talk show hosts be like Carson?!
Very good point. :up:

I think the Daily Show is more suited for this debate than the Late Show is. It was interesting to see Letterman in this form and God bless him for inviting the king of debate onto the program. But maybe the show was meant for jokes?

· Registered
12,001 Posts
darthrsg said:
fox sucks, bill sucks, letterman rules. nuff said.we need terrorists to put the fear of something in our american a**es. our govt will not be there for you in the event of a catastrophe. the iraq war is stupid, saddam was never a threat to us at least as bad a threat as we are to ourselves. the people need to take america back or we will asian in few generations. my 2 cents. btw i like asians.
Hi. What is this.

· Registered
12,001 Posts
Please, please, please, I hope this thread doesn't get locked. Can we tone down the insults a little? There was some good conversation in here and it would be a shame if it couldn't go on because of the insults.

· Registered
12,001 Posts
ETA: I'm just going to try to bring this on topic instead of respond to diminish the off topic posts.

Has Letterman been inviting guests recently that he has a propensity to duke it out with? I remember when Oprah finally came back on and it turned out to be nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.