TiVo Community Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
actually, i don't think o'reilly got the best of the exchange. even when he called letterman out on the 60 percent crap thing, i knew he would respond with the you can't believe everything you read in the media. i don't think he had a solid argument to back him up.

one of the things i love best about farenheidt (spelling) 911 is when mike moore and the mother of a soldier killed in iraq are walking around the capitol, asking congressmen with children old enough to enlist, would they allow their children to go to this war. of course, they all respond hell no.

when dave asked him if he had a child who had been killed in war and o'reilly responded no, it drove the anger in me. ask yourselves, of all the members of congress who voted for this war, would send their child? that should tell you how two-faced most of these politicos (including our president) are.

btw, i am a veteran, which should explain most of my anger on this subject.

· Registered
206 Posts
first, i'm not a guy. second, and most important.....my point is that i believe most conservative parents, who support the war, would disuade their children from enlisting or going into rotc. if you don't agree, that's your opinion.

obviously, i believe michael moore is brilliant and doing a yeoman's job of uncovering the truth. yes, i'm still basically a liberal democrat in my mid 50's and arn proud of it!!

for the record, i served almost 11 years of active duty, receiving many decorations normally given to serion personnel. my record was unblemished. i would have retired but i fell down two flights of stairs and was medically discharged.

· Registered
206 Posts
just for clarification, both my parents served in world war 2. when i was getting ready to graduate from college, my mom suggested i look into the military. my initial reaction was why......especially, given my thoughts about vietnam and the va treatment of injured war veterans.

but my mom would never steer me wrong. she thought the discipline the military could give me would be most beneficial. she was correct. i also learned that you can change an institution by working from within it. all my college croonies thought i would never make it out of basic training. not only did i complete my three years but (and i was a journalist), the newspaper i edited and wrote won top honors in department of defense competition. i wrote many controversial stories but i also learned how to become flexible, tactful and diplomatic. i earned a meritorious service medal as an e-4.

i never regretted the decision.

· Registered
206 Posts
i see we have a bunch of compassionate conservatives on this forum (she says with tongue firmply planted in cheek).

so how many of you bush war lovers have served your country? last time i checked we are guaranteed freedom of the press which means cindy sheehan can say whatever she darn well pleases. i bet her son is damn proud of her!!!!

· Registered
206 Posts
hmm, so what does this christian, flaming liberal think about all of this? i am not offended if someone wishes me happy holidays instead of merry christmas. get over it people, there are far more important things in the world, or even in this country to be worried about.

off-topic, i for one, am very amused by all the congressmen and senators who are donating their illegal campaign contributions to charity, to avoid jail. i, for one, am amused that pat robertson says sharon deserves to die for dividing god's country; i, for one, am amused over illegal wiretapping and the words in 1984 ringing more true every day. and that's just the icing on the cake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.