TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,775 Posts
I dunno - I thought there were far funnier people in both groups that who actually got through to the finals.

Definitely the Australian mom and the black woman should have made it through over any one other than Lavelle.

· Registered
4,775 Posts
Thanks I couldn't remember his name -

Gerry Dee is the ONE that I absolutely couldn't understand getting through - that seemed like they were letting him through because he's been around a long time rather than he was funny. IN fact, his set was totally UNfunny. There were far more deserving comics in that group.

· Registered
4,775 Posts
I just got an interesting email from one of the comics whose email list I am on who didn't make it through to the finals - Sabrina Matthews - and she made a very interesting point after very nicely supporting the show as a great place for exposure for comics...

"Ant, Alonzo Boden, and Kathleen Madigan were there to keep the show moving along, but don't forget, they are "talent scouts" not "judges". When all is said and done, the producers are looking for the ten people who they think will give them a season of the best possible interactions in the situations in which they're placed."

Point being that the producers picked a mix to serve the reality aspect of the show rather than basing the finalists solely on who is the funniest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.