TiVo Community Forum banner
141 - 160 of 347 Posts

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,533 Posts
As the saying goes, a good is worth what it will bring. When cops announce a seizure, they will estimate the retail price when it reaches the street after going though multiple layers and being cut multiple times. This number is much greater than what the raw, uncut product brings at wholesale in uncut bundles as this batch seems to be. I would imagine the amount given in the show is what might be realized when it is sole, not what the police will assert when they pile it up for the cameras.

I assure you that even if they know jack about Carbon dating, people in the entertainment industry know the price of drugs!
You know this like you have experience with it!! :eek::D

Too many episodes of The Wire? :)

· Registered
1,843 Posts
Okay, so they dug up the bottle with the letter in it. Did anybody bother to check the skulls they dug up to see who died "ten thousand years ago"? It shouldn't be that hard to match against current dental records - and anybody who can keep the dig a secret is more than capable of obtaining the records without much suspicion as well.
Thinking about this, they probably don't know who all's actually down there. Sure there's a few like Izzy who were separated at the hole, but overall how would they know? Take for example Riley and Sam, how would those on the surface know they fell into the hole unless there's someone on the surface who's missing them.

One thing I noticed is that when they went to dig site all the people walking on the sidewalk at night as if there wasn't a gigantic hole in the middle of the street right next to them. While that's a very L.A. thing to be doing, there's not a lot of restaurants or things at Wilshire and Fairfax aside from the great Tom Bergin's and the Streetlight exhibit at the L.A. Museum of Art not much open there at night.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,414 Posts
Just started watching this today. I am into episode 3 and I am enjoying it so I am not reading this thread until I am current. However, I just want to say that the lead actor, Eoin Mackin, really looks to me like Vincent Baggetta, who played the title role of an attorney on a very short-lived (13 episodes) show called The Eddie Capra Mysteries among about a million other things from the 60s to 90s. I am sure they aren't related at all and Vincent Baggetta died 4 years ago at 79 years old.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,414 Posts
I am now current and after reading this thread, I am in the minority again, as usual. I like this and I will stick with it as long as it lasts. Other than Sam (Jon Seda from Chicago PD) and Levi the pilot (Nicholas Gonzalez from The Good Doctor,) I have never seen any of these actors/actresses before. I do have to say that I can watch Josh McKenzie (Lucas) all day long. He and his blue eyes are seriously good-looking!!!

· Registered
1,983 Posts
What about all the "Butterfly effects" that are going here, would they not change the future?

Put me down as enjoying this show. Watching it on Hulu with no ads.

· All About Footwork
29,905 Posts
No, because, apparently, everything that is happening in the sinkhole has already happened as far as the present is concerned.
But that means the husband will not go down and save them!

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,533 Posts
I am now current and after reading this thread, I am in the minority again, as usual. I like this and I will stick with it as long as it lasts. Other than Sam (Jon Seda from Chicago PD) and Levi the pilot (Nicholas Gonzalez from The Good Doctor,) I have never seen any of these actors/actresses before. I do have to say that I can watch Josh McKenzie (Lucas) all day long. He and his blue eyes are seriously good-looking!!!
You never saw Natelie Zea? She's the ONLY actor I recognize. The rest I have no idea, they I THINK I may have seen the son somewhere else, his face looks familiar.

· All About Footwork
29,905 Posts
There was a problem with the ship which made it crash. They got a message about it. They found the problem and fixed it. The past has already changed. Why is this difficult to communicate?

· I am Groot!
58,979 Posts
There was a problem with the ship which made it crash. They got a message about it. They found the problem and fixed it. The past has already changed. Why is this difficult to communicate?
If everybody acts like even moderately rational human beings, there just isn't enough drama. Gota have dem 'splosions!

· Now with more GB
Record Them If You Got Them, And You Got Them So Record Them
3,472 Posts
What about all the "Butterfly effects" that are going here, would they not change the future?
No, because, apparently, everything that is happening in the sinkhole has already happened as far as the present is concerned.
I stand corrected - they have played the "anything that happens in the past is reflected exactly X amount of time later, in the present" card. The plane crashed? It suddenly appeared out of nowhere. The plane never took off? The crash disappeared. Okay, then, I'll ask; where are the remains of the now-uncrashed plane - or the earlier plane, or the drone, for that matter?

· I am Groot!
58,979 Posts
I stand corrected - they have played the "anything that happens in the past is reflected exactly X amount of time later, in the present" card. The plane crashed? It suddenly appeared out of nowhere. The plane never took off? The crash disappeared. Okay, then, I'll ask; where are the remains of the now-uncrashed plane - or the earlier plane, or the drone, for that matter?
Although it actually makes some kind of sense, in that the two periods were directly connected by the rift. So in a sense, they are happening at the same time. Now that the rift is gone, the linkage is broken and that effect should no longer occur.

· Registered
934 Posts
  1. Gavin sent an iPad instead of written notes, when everything that goes through crashes.
  2. Just an iPad. Why isn't anyone sending food or guns or survival equipment?
  3. Then again, food and water hasn't been a topic since the giant sloth ate everything. In a stranded-in-the-wilderness scenario, food and water would be most of your day.
  4. How much weed did that guy bring? How long can a vape battery last?
  5. If Gavin wants to risk flying down, why is that government guy so against that it would be worth shooting down a plane over LA? Press conference: "We shot him down and caused major damage to the city and killing 5 people because he was going to fly into a big hole."
  6. Air Force woman hadn't used up her bullets in 3+ years?

141 - 160 of 347 Posts