TiVo Community Forum banner
121 - 140 of 347 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Why no spears? As soon as the wolfs appeared why did they not gather weapons somehow. I think most of us would want something to help defend ourselves. Must be tire irons in cars. Make spears , rocks anything. Build defensive positions .1 gun then 2 and 3 guns. Ammunition would not last for long .The writers should spend a couple of nights in the woods without supplies ,maybe that would help. Anyway like the idea but they need better survival experts .The ex seal now doc ,law officers would know some of the simple things that most of us would try

· All About Footwork
29,906 Posts
I did love the guy with the beard who said he's afraid of everyone being together because one of them might be a killer and so he, therefore, wants to go sleep alone.

I'm thinking he's one of the writers for the show.

· Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
4,308 Posts
I don't have the best memory, but I doubt I'd forget where I hid hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of heroin just a day ago. I may forget it in 10 years, but not a day or two.

· All About Footwork
29,906 Posts
I don't have the best memory, but I doubt I'd forget where I hid hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of heroin just a day ago. I may forget it in 10 years, but not a day or two.
He said he was stoned at the time. Apparently, he was carrying 15 kilos of weed on him when they crashed.

I was surprised that all that heroin was worth only $250k. I thought it would be millions, or is that cocaine that's expensive?

· Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
4,308 Posts
He said he was stoned at the time. Apparently, he was carrying 15 kilos of weed on him when they crashed.

I was surprised that all that heroin was worth only $250k. I thought it would be millions, or is that cocaine that's expensive?
I forgot about him being stoned at the time. As I said, I don't have the best memory.

· Registered
3,990 Posts

As the saying goes, a good is worth what it will bring. When cops announce a seizure, they will estimate the retail price when it reaches the street after going though multiple layers and being cut multiple times. This number is much greater than what the raw, uncut product brings at wholesale in uncut bundles as this batch seems to be. I would imagine the amount given in the show is what might be realized when it is sold, not what the police will assert when they pile it up for the cameras.

I assure you that even if they know jack about Carbon dating, people in the entertainment industry know the price of drugs!

· Registered
5,086 Posts
I can only assume that the guy stole the heroin from some big drug kingpin so he's worried that he'll be killed when he gets back if he doesn't return it. I would think that would be the least of my worries unless whoever is after him somehow discovers how to time travel. Maybe he was planning to sell it to the indigenous people for a few sabertooth skins or something.

And yeah, the part about the water being shallow by testing it with the stick near the shore seemed like a total genius move. This show has me constantly shaking my head. I'm thinking it was the writers that were stoned when putting the script together, not the audience. Maybe they were hoping we'd all be stoned while watching it so it would make more sense.

· I am Groot!
58,994 Posts
I can only assume that the guy stole the heroin from some big drug kingpin so he's worried that he'll be killed when he gets back if he doesn't return it. I would think that would be the least of my worries unless whoever is after him somehow discovers how to time travel. Maybe he was planning to sell it to the indigenous people for a few sabertooth skins or something.
When he threatened to kill the stoner, it was something like "if we get back." So I suspect he's not too concerned about the heroin in the past, but in case they find their way home.

· Well-Known Raconteur
18,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
That's all the time because, well, I'm stuck here in Texas where the overlords don't think any of us are adults that are capable of making our own decisions.
Colorado is only a few hours away (says the fellow Texan who's in CO now, but for a friend... yeah, that's it!)

· Now with more GB
Record Them If You Got Them, And You Got Them So Record Them
3,474 Posts
Okay, so they dug up the bottle with the letter in it. Did anybody bother to check the skulls they dug up to see who died "ten thousand years ago"? It shouldn't be that hard to match against current dental records - and anybody who can keep the dig a secret is more than capable of obtaining the records without much suspicion as well.

· All About Footwork
29,906 Posts
What about the remains of all those cars and buildings? if glass can survive 10,000 years, there should be a ton of glass from all those wrecks.

Oh, and I do love how the cork that she used on the bottle did survive 10,000 years!

121 - 140 of 347 Posts