TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 120 of 347 Posts

· All About Footwork
29,906 Posts
It's driving me crazy, I can't remember the title. There was a scene where he was in a jeep, hacking into an airplane via Ethernet as it was taking off, or something like that...
The shortest ride ever!

· Premium Member
9,704 Posts
I don't know much about guns so this is a legit question: can you shoot a gun underwater?
Mostly, with a heavy side of it depends. There's no general reason a gun won't fire underwater, as all the bangy bits still work underwater. But sometimes there are specific challenges, like the water interfering with the speed of travel of the firing mechanism preventing it from striking hard enough. Or interfering with the ejection of the spent casing. Often this results in only being able to fire once. Lots of videos on youtube of people trying out random guns underwater with mixed results.

· Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,857 Posts
NBC has been touting the show as the best rated new drama,
OMG how low is the bar that this is the best one?!

but like you still watching LaBrea. Weird. Maybe the Natalie Zea effect.
It's totally the Natalie Zea effect.

No, the opposite. There is so much dumbness, a bounty of brainlessness, that I need to take notes, so I don't forget them for next week's post.

Keep pointing them out!
Top of my list is the fact that if the boys were going to keep the heroin secret, they should have found a way to tell Riley about Lucas. But of course as far as we know they didn't even try. Because stupid subplot.

· Registered
5,258 Posts
Does the “dealer” really think that he’ll be rescued and be able to smuggle the drugs back with him? And why did the 2 guys take all the heroin for the operation when they only needed a little? And the daughter is supposed to know medical procedures and didn’t know that the heroin could be used as an anesthetic?
And, and, and……. ;)

· I am Groot!
58,994 Posts
OMG how low is the bar that this is the best one?!
Not "best." Best-rated." Important distinction! ;)
Does the "dealer" really think that he'll be rescued and be able to smuggle the drugs back with him?
Maybe he thinks they're stuck there forever, and wants to be the New World's biggest and most powerful drug dealer! ;)

· 4 8 15 16 23 42
13,634 Posts
I watched the most recent episode last night, and I have to say I now have a favorite new line.

A sinkhole opened and sent you through a portal in the sky of prehistoric earth. A giant CGI sloth the quality of a white polar bear rolled through camp while your son was recovering from near disembowelment, but the next day is walking around just fine ("You sure heal quickly.")

And yet after all of this, your husband back home is seeing visions of you and arranged for your ex-lover, who standing in front of you, to fly through said portal for an attempted rescue, and you respond, "How is that possible?"

We need to start a list of every plot point swiped from Lost.

· Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,857 Posts
I'd rather watch her on The Detour, lots of almost-nudity there!

And, that show has a lot of intentional comedy ;)
Thank you. Added to my Hulu queue.

· 4 8 15 16 23 42
13,634 Posts
"Where are we?"

[Famous last line of the Lost pilot episode, for those who don't remember, and now repeated in La Brea]
Oh yeah. But you have to say it in Charlie's voice. "Wheeeeh aaahhhhh we?"

· Deregistered Snoozer
4,976 Posts
A sinkhole opened and sent you through a portal in the sky of prehistoric earth. A giant CGI sloth the quality of a white polar bear rolled through camp while your son was recovering from near disembowelment, but the next day is walking around just fine ("You sure heal quickly.")
This reminds me... I was wondering if they'd bring this up but definitely they haven't really thought of it:

Josh wasn't really disemboweled. He wasn't even that badly bitten, it didn't look like: they didn't really have to give him many stitches. The problem was his wound got infected with prehistoric microbes. You may say, well, how did he go from the brink of death to pretty much fine in a day or two, but here's an interesting thing: we have really great antibiotics and none of the prehistoric microbes have built up any immunity to them at all, not like our current resistant microbe strains. So assuming that the antibiotics worked against these prehistoric germs, you might expect that they worked really well against them.

Of course no one on the show mentioned this, but I thought it might be a cool thing to consider.

· All About Footwork
29,906 Posts
You know I kind of want it to be a different dimension, not the past, and this is just the present they're in.
But how did the ring travel to the other dimension?

101 - 120 of 347 Posts