TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 347 Posts

· Registered
503 Posts
I just finished watching the 10/12 episode.

They are hungry, but they don't think about the two big sabertooth tigers that were killed last episode? Not even a hand-wave to say they thought about them?

They decide to try and trap rabbits? For what, about fifty people?

· Registered
68 Posts
I just finished watching the 10/12 episode.

They are hungry, but they don't think about the two big sabertooth tigers that were killed last episode? Not even a hand-wave to say they thought about them?

They decide to try and trap rabbits? For what, about fifty people?
Good point. Also I can't help but think with the hole that big that opened up above, I am sure there may have been a grocery store or two that came down with them.

· Registered
3,990 Posts
Good point. Also I can't help but think with the hole that big that opened up above, I am sure there may have been a grocery store or two that came down with them.
The nearest one seems to be the Ralph's on Wilshire, and it doesn't look to me as if the hole reaches that far. But they do have the Chilean consulate, the German consolate, and a 99 Cent Store!

· Registered
5,258 Posts
I would expect that finding water would be a bigger concern.

The “Government” says it’s a rescue mission, but if they don’t have ulterior motives, I’ll be disappointed.

The poor acting is really distracting.
Dialogue not much better — “I know your going on a dangerous mission to save my family, but before you go, we need to discuss how you &$#@‘d my wife”

· Registered
5,086 Posts
The part that cracks me up is that they already sent an unmanned drone through the crack and it ended disastrously so then they decided to send a live person in a larger aircraft through the crack. Clearly, anything with modern technology does not survive the journey through the crack so these geniuses decide to send an aircraft through it. Why not send a hot air balloon that is completely passive into the rift and see how that goes?

· I am Groot!
58,994 Posts
The part that cracks me up is that they already sent an unmanned drone through the crack and it ended disastrously so then they decided to send a live person in a larger aircraft through the crack. Clearly, anything with modern technology does not survive the journey through the crack so these geniuses decide to send an aircraft through it. Why not send a hot air balloon that is completely passive into the rift and see how that goes?
Well, all they knew with the drone was that they lost contact, right? And now they know that people survive going through, so sending a manned craft doesn't seem unreasonable...

· Registered
1,843 Posts
Finally caught up with this show. And it's another exercise in frustration with stupid character decisions running rampant, stupid setups for said characters, and too much melodrama.

But like a slow motion train wreck I can't stop watching it.

I'm stymied as to why when 1st confronted by the Saber-tooth cat, the decided to run. Why not just open the steel doors of the ambulance next to you, climb in and close the doors? Unless the cat has opposable thumbs or is otherwise familiar with opening doors, they'd be perfectly safe.

Of course Eve was banging her husband's best friend when the car crash that takes her daughter's leg occurs.

So much lazy trope filled writing here.

· Now with more GB
Record Them If You Got Them, And You Got Them So Record Them
3,474 Posts
That's something I didn't notice until you brought it up - people and cars made it through, but what happened to all of the buildings in the sinkhole area? It can't be that the sinkhole only covers one intersection; how could they get a jet plane through it if it was that small?

· Registered
68 Posts
When those people were stuck in the cave and they ended up in the dead end with the pool of water they were all panicking about how to get out so they dive into the water? Why not just look up to where the light was coming from and consider climbing up the vines and stuff hanging down?!
Sarcasm.... I sure wish my cell phone lasted 4 days without a recharge....

· I am Groot!
58,994 Posts
That's something I didn't notice until you brought it up - people and cars made it through, but what happened to all of the buildings in the sinkhole area? It can't be that the sinkhole only covers one intersection; how could they get a jet plane through it if it was that small?
There seem to be some building ruins in their camp...

· Registered
1,843 Posts
Another stupid thing I just thought about, They're being chased by a bear and they duck into a nearby cave, I guess they never considered the possibility that the cave could be the bear's home, or that there could be other bears in there. Lucky for them that it was empty. Well except the Hiker from the Mojave.

· I am Groot!
58,994 Posts
Another stupid thing I just thought about, They're being chased by a bear and they duck into a nearby cave, I guess they never considered the possibility that the cave could be the bear's home, or that there could be other bears in there. Lucky for them that it was empty. Well except the Hiker from the Mojave.
Well, the opening was nowhere near big enough for the bear. I did wonder how he managed to see that tiny opening way up a hillside as they were running past away from a huge bear, though.

And it was pretty laughable that the bear was able to block the entry so thoroughly that they couldn't clear it...

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,555 Posts
I'm still in. Yeah, it isn't really must see TV, but it is entertaining when you quit nitpicking everything IMO.
That's what makes this show fun IMO. When you point out all the dumb things, the plot holes, the terrible CGI, and laugh about it with your friends and family, it's fun! Like I said earlier in the thread, it's like Under the "Dumb" or MST3K. It's a serious show that's IMO can't be taken seriously at all. Plus it has Natalie Zea, so there's that. Kinda disappointed that we only got wet haired Natalie after their cave swim, but I guess it's family TV :)

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,555 Posts
Well, the opening was nowhere near big enough for the bear. I did wonder how he managed to see that tiny opening way up a hillside as they were running past away from a huge bear, though.

And it was pretty laughable that the bear was able to block the entry so thoroughly that they couldn't clear it...
You'd think they could have figured out a way to scare it off. Works in real life right?

· Registered
1,843 Posts

True, but for all they knew there was a larger opening somewhere else that the bear could fit in., plus there could have been saber-tooths or wolves in there.

I agree, none of the rocks looked that set in where they couldn't get some out of the way to squeeze through.

· I am Groot!
58,994 Posts
True, but for all they knew there was a larger opening somewhere else that the bear could fit in., plus there could have been saber-tooths or wolves in there.
But going in the tiny opening solved the immediate problem, without which they would have been dead. Once inside, not being dead, they could deal with any other problems that might or might not come up. ;)

· Registered
35 Posts
The nearest one seems to be the Ralph's on Wilshire, and it doesn't look to me as if the hole reaches that far. But they do have the Chilean consulate, the German consolate, and a 99 Cent Store!
I keep looking at what appears to be the Petersen Auto Museum behind them (red stripes). They must have some food and clothes. Who knows what else.

61 - 80 of 347 Posts