TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 347 Posts

· Deregistered Snoozer
4,975 Posts
The biggest problem for me is that the father, which will clearly have a huge role, is a terrible actor. Why can't they spend the $$ to get someone with some abilities for that role?

Every minute he was on the screen I didn't believe anything he did or said was real.

· Save the Moderatоr
34,619 Posts
The biggest problem for me is that the father, which will clearly have a huge role, is a terrible actor. Why can't they spend the $$ to get someone with some abilities for that role?

Every minute he was on the screen I didn't believe anything he did or said was real.
Sometimes even the best actor in the world can't help a poor script and a director unwilling to correct it.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,536 Posts
The best I can say for this is that it's great fodder for snide MS3K type jokes. My son and I watched and couldn't help ourselves We'll give it another shot, just because the premise is decent and the strange creatures (albeit terrible CGI) could be fun. Otherwise it kind of reminded us of those terrible 1950s Sci Fi B movies.

· Administrator
8,183 Posts
They only shot a 10 episode season so you can suffer through 9 more if bad TV is your thing. :D

· 4 8 15 16 23 42
15,753 Posts
They only shot a 10 episode season so you can suffer through 9 more if bad TV is your thing. :D
It may not go that long. The premiere got good ratings, but watch them fall off for the 2nd episode.

· 4 8 15 16 23 42
15,753 Posts
Assuming, of course, that they have something that they think will do better to fill the time slot for the rest of the run...which these days is not a sure thing.
True, even Another Life got a 2nd season. ;)

· Premium Member
10,987 Posts
I couldn't remember today what happened in the second episode, so I went back to check, and according to my Tivo I only made it half way through the second episode, and then, maybe, wandered off? That's not a good sign.

So I finished it, there was all of about 5 minutes of interesting material in the last 30 minutes. I'll leave the season pass, but I don't know how much more watching characters slowly figure out they're in LA, in the past, I can take.

even Another Life got a 2nd season. ;)
Honestly, given the choice, I'm more interested in season two of After Life. Not that I expect great things out of it, but against La Brea so far it's got a fighting chance. ;)

· Is there an answer?
286 Posts
-sigh- I hate -unnecessary- bad TV science. Even science including time rifts and psychic time visions.

You don’t carbon date wedding rings. The only carbon in a wedding ring is a diamond, and diamonds were all crystallized at least tens of millions ago. Carbon dating has a range of about 50,000 years in the past. So that would be an immeasurable blip in the overall age of the diamond.

Sorry…just had to vent.

· Just Plain Awesome
3,740 Posts
-sigh- I hate -unnecessary- bad TV science. Even science including time rifts and psychic time visions.

You don't carbon date wedding rings. The only carbon in a wedding ring is a diamond, and diamonds were all crystallized at least tens of millions ago. Carbon dating has a range of about 50,000 years in the past. So that would be an immeasurable blip in the overall age of the diamond.

Sorry…just had to vent.
What age would artificial diamonds show on a carbon test?

· Registered
3,989 Posts
What age would artificial diamonds show on a carbon test?
Atmospheric nuclear weapon tests ruined Carbon dating as a means for unambiguously measuring the age of organic material produced since 1950.

Another issue is that Carbon dating gives an indication of the age that the Carbon in the object was fixed from the environment; was said artificial diamond made from coal laid down in the Carboniferous era or from charcoal made from wood harvested after nuclear testing started? These would have very different results.

Natalie Zea is the only reason I will continue to watch this show.

21 - 40 of 347 Posts