TiVo Community Forum banner
321 - 340 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
How did the cow get down there without breaking it's legs? did uit just wander into one of those lights that was like the one on the hill?
Probably by wandering through a light, but only because there are no cows in LA where the sinkhole opened.

Another question is how is it that the buildings and vehicles were damaged when the living survived the fall?

And gotta love how quickly they evacuated Seattle ;)

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,600 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
That's actually the main reason I didn't start watching the show right away. When it comes to big budget sci-fi shows like this, I've been burned many times in the past. More often than not, the show only lasts one season and ends on a cliffhanger. In fact, this just happened last season with Debris. Against my better judgement, I watched the show before knowing if it was renewed or not. Sure enough, it had a crazy cliffhanger ending and then was cancelled a few days later. Very frustrating!
Meh, I say, if you enjoyed the show when it was on, and even if there's a cliffhanger and the show gets cancelled, then it was worth it and you weren't "burned". You just didn't get the payoff you wanted. For example, if you read The Song of Fire and Ice books and GRRM dies before he ever finishes the series, will you feel like you got burned or did you enjoy all the books, despite the story never being finished? That's how I look at it. It's a fun ride while it lasted.

As for this series, it's so dumb, that it's entertaining, in a 1950s B Movie kind of way. I am completely lost as to the whole story line and where it's going, and I honestly don't care because I'm just yelling at the TV about how absurd it all is.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
We know that Silas (Isaiah's grandpa) was one of the scientists working on the time travel/sinkhole project. How Isaiah/gavin wound up in the past and who his parents are is something I think we'll find out next season. Here's a fun though icky thought, Josh and Riley are Isaiah's parents. Silas is future Gavin. Everything is a closed circle.
I agree. That's the logical motivation.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
As for this series, it's so dumb, that it's entertaining, in a 1950s B Movie kind of way. I am completely lost as to the whole story line and where it's going, and I honestly don't care because I'm just yelling at the TV about how absurd it all is.
So then I guess the question is, did they actually set out to make a "dumb" show, or is it just the result of incompetence?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Obviously a "sinkhole" cow and not a period cow. Never mind what sinkhole, or what the hell was it doing in downtown LA. Details. I'm sure this show has no book of canon to deal with questions like that, or any of the difficult questions we overthink here.
I doubt the cow was in LA intentionally, in fact it may not have been anywhere near LA. I would imagine the scientists who created the worm holes sent it through another worm hole, hence the Barcode on it. You would want to number your experiments. Similar to when they sent animals into space first before they sent humans.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How did the cow get down there without breaking it's legs? did uit just wander into one of those lights that was like the one on the hill?
We know that Silas (Isaiah's grandpa) was one of the scientists working on the time travel/sinkhole project. How Isaiah/gavin wound up in the past and who his parents are is something I think we'll find out next season. Here's a fun though icky thought, Josh and Riley are Isaiah's parents. Silas is future Gavin. Everything is a closed circle.
I would imagine the cow fell through (Or was sent through by the scientists) just like everyone else and they didn't get hurt or at least most of them. So the cow would have landed and tried to figure out "What the heck?" like everyone else.

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
When does this stupid show return? I can't wait :D
Season 6 already aired back in 1476 BC. It got a lot better and, boy, what a cliffhanger at the end!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so, I'm an Aussie, from Victoria, and it's jarringly obvious that this was filmed in Victoria, Australia. The trees are Aussie gum trees. The homes are obviously Aussie homes. How on earth...why on earth would they try to pass this off as being LA? Even the shots of the city are of the Melbourne skyline!
This show had all the potential of being quite an entertaining series, and as usual they screwed it up. Seriously? This is the best you've got? Want to fix it, then for fracks sake, sack the damn writers, sack the directors and half the cast! Throw a bit of change towards CGI and special effects and then film it in LA where it claims to be.
Ok, I'm done ranting.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Want to fix it, then for fracks sake, sack the damn writers, sack the directors and half the cast! Throw a bit of change towards CGI and special effects and then film it in LA where it claims to be.
Ok, I'm done ranting.
Sooo, just scrap the whole damn thing and start over? Sounds good to moi, but I barely made it through the first ep, so what do I know. This thread has been far more entertaining than that ep was. I love threads where everybody hates the show but keeps watching anyway.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Sooo, just scrap the whole damn thing and start over? Sounds good to moi, but I barely made it through the first ep, so what do I know. This thread has been far more entertaining than that ep was. I love threads where everybody hates the show but keeps watching anyway.
Rage watching.... Kind of like Rage F***ing

·
Nice to see you
12,128 Posts
The trees are Aussie gum trees.
Those actually can be found in modern-day Los Angeles (as an imported species).

If you're upset about one TV show or movie being filmed in a place other than where it's set -- and having visible clues that give away the actual filming location -- I have some sad news for you about at least half of the TV shows and movies that have ever been made.

321 - 340 of 347 Posts