TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
The dumb is starting to hurt. Where do we start? How about when Eve pokes a stick in the edge of the river, it only goes in a foot or two, and proclaims the river isn't deep. Because we all know rivers never get any deeper than their banks.

How about Heroin Boy? All that nervous twitch of a character has to do is explain to everyone what he found, what he did, and that's that. But no, let's keep it a secret, so Druggie can hold it over him. Possibly the dumbest sub-plot in the history of sub-plots.

The fully equipped plane horse lady built? Or the fort they found, that was wide open. Unless it's abandoned, isn't the idea of a fort to keep people out?

But my favorite has to be the massive government cover-up. Wouldn't the LA Times or WaPo or NYT or somebody be asking a few questions? Like WTF is at the bottom of it? Any show that depends on a massive government conspiracy as a plot point is doomed to failure.
Wait a minute...you didn't think the fact that the plane landed without a pilot is dumb? all that black smoke was the engine burning itself out (and not the rest of the airplane)?

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
That's not really a little thing. As you said, it's sloppy writing and directing.

…and a 2nd Saber Tooth Tiger killed and left behind.
Are they all Vegans? :)
To be fair, the pilot had all the MREs

But at least we're uncovering the mystery of why that species is extinct!

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
It's clear I'm going to have to start taking Dumb Notes during each episode. :rolleyes:
I see the rolleyes...I hope you were not upset, I wasn't attacking you...I was just adding to your list with a little snicker about the most outrageous dumb thing in that episode :)

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
It's driving me crazy, I can't remember the title. There was a scene where he was in a jeep, hacking into an airplane via Ethernet as it was taking off, or something like that...
The shortest ride ever!

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
You know I kind of want it to be a different dimension, not the past, and this is just the present they're in.
But how did the ring travel to the other dimension?

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
I did love the guy with the beard who said he's afraid of everyone being together because one of them might be a killer and so he, therefore, wants to go sleep alone.

I'm thinking he's one of the writers for the show.

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
I don't have the best memory, but I doubt I'd forget where I hid hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of heroin just a day ago. I may forget it in 10 years, but not a day or two.
He said he was stoned at the time. Apparently, he was carrying 15 kilos of weed on him when they crashed.

I was surprised that all that heroin was worth only $250k. I thought it would be millions, or is that cocaine that's expensive?

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
What about the remains of all those cars and buildings? if glass can survive 10,000 years, there should be a ton of glass from all those wrecks.

Oh, and I do love how the cork that she used on the bottle did survive 10,000 years!

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
No, because, apparently, everything that is happening in the sinkhole has already happened as far as the present is concerned.
But that means the husband will not go down and save them!

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
There was a problem with the ship which made it crash. They got a message about it. They found the problem and fixed it. The past has already changed. Why is this difficult to communicate?

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
I can give them passes on stuff like that because it can always be explainted as part of a later arc.

The "test stick in the water thing" fails in any arc.
The test-stick-in-water thing resonated with me because it's almost a right of passage for young kids in Egypt. The first step in the Nile is ankle-deep, the second one is "head underwater" deep. So adults always trick youngsters getting into the Nile for the first time. Much hilarity ensues :D

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
You guys are missing something important. They sent them an iPad. It didn't just contain a stupid little video, they could fill its memory with a ton of survival information. How to make medicine from what's around them, how to hunt and fish, Which plants are edible and which plants are not, how to plant crops, build shelters, make weapons, make batteries to charge their electronics...I'm sure they stocked it full of useful information.

Right? RIGHT?

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
Wow, we really like each other. We have lots of chemistry. we're about to kiss for the first time...

oh, the wind stopped. Never mind. what kiss? see ya!

The worst "will they or won't they" in the history of the trope.

And Josh voting his mom - who is clearly an awesome mom - off the island. Priceless.

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
I'm one of those who can't for the life of me imagine why I like this show, but somehow I do. Judging from this thread, I'm not the only one.
I love this show. It's got everything. I love time travel books/shows/movies. And when it's done this badly, I love making fun of it. This is one of the few shows I watch as soon as I see it's been recorded.

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
Because when you pass over to the new timeline, it seems like you get amnesia. So they would not be rich. Besides, what happens to their other self already in 1988?

Oh, and the amnesia only works going forwards in time, not backwards. It's science!

·
All About Footwork
29,793 Posts
1. Lilly is born in 2011 to some unknown parents.
2. at some point, Lilly is kidnapped.
3. In 2021, Lilly falls through the Labrea sinkhole to 10,000 BC
4. a week or so later, Lilly climbs through a different hole to 1988 with young Gavin. Both lose their memory.
5. Lilly is adopted by some family and is now called Ella. We meet her in 2021.
6. Back to step 1...Lilly is born in 2011

1 - 20 of 25 Posts