TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Ugh.

Good for her; work is work. But I won't be watching, as Lost is, to quote Shakespeare, "sound and fury signifying nothing".

Everything JJ Abrams does should be titled All Questions, No Answers.

·
Excellent.
24,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FilmCritic3000 said:
Everything JJ Abrams does should be titled All Questions, No Answers.
I am tired of that trope, especially from people who apparently aren't watching the show. It reminds me of a quote from Shakespeare...

Anyway, at least you are happy she may be working.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
cmontyburns said:
I am tired of that trope, especially from people who apparently aren't watching the show. It reminds me of a quote from Shakespeare...

Anyway, at least you are happy she may be working.
I did watch. For two seasons. And then when I discovered that Abrams and his writers are more impressed with how clever they're not than telling a story, I bailed.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
spikedavis said:
This coming from someone who liked Dead Like Me. Hoofa.
Hey I also like John From Cincinnati and that could be called anything but conventional.

I certainly don't need things spelled out for me. (One of my favorite films is Tarkovsky's Solaris.) Lost, however, is too impressed with itself to be anything other than a McGuffin, as Hitchcock coined the word. Lost is now The X-Files, in terms of "where" exactly it's going. I was a big X-Files fan; the creators then said, "Trust us - we know where we're going, we know how it'll end." And of course, that was a lie. Now Abrams, Lindelof, and Cuse are espousing those same things. Fool me once...

·
Excellent.
24,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FilmCritic3000 said:
Now Abrams, Lindelof, and Cuse are espousing those same things. Fool me once...
Abrams isn't even involved in the show anymore. And did you miss the news that Lindeloff and Cuse pushed for, and got, a defined end date for the series so they could resolve the various plot threads at a defined pace and then pull the curtain?

Anyway, the question of questions-vs-answers gets debated in every Lost thread, and there's no reason to continue it here. We can agree to disagree. (For the record, I have felt impatience on that score occasionally myself.)

C'mon, Kristen, you know you want to...

·
Go Pats!
10,354 Posts
I saw the thread title and my mind saw the following Bell:

Oh well...... :(

·
She likes cheese.
4,484 Posts
KB does sound ideal for the role, but with her movie career about to take off with Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I doubt she'd want to commit to anything on TV long term right now. But I'd love to see her on Lost, even if just a few episodes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That would be so great! I was so disappointed when Veronica Mars was canceled and I've vowed to never watch another CW show again. Which shouldn't be too difficult considering that their lineup consists of really "smart" programs like "The Search for the Next ***** Cat Dolls" etc... ugh.

*Fingers Crossed*

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.