Holy crap, that was awful.
Things that need to go immediately:
1. The narrator (they should have Gordon narrate like in the UK version)
2. The background music that they used for EVERYTHING
3. The stupid computer noise when the day and time are displayed
4. The interviews with the waiters and waitresses, from which we gained absolutely no insight
5. The artificial drama (you can't tell me that the bill collector showing up at the two worst possible moments is a coincidence
I just felt like the whole hour was extremely rushed. I missed the tried-and-true formula of Gordon trying the food, Gordon watching how they do a service, Gordon revamping the menu and teaching the kitchen staff how to cook it, and Gordon revamping the restaurant and seeing how they perform.
They also need to find restauranteurs who aren't such blatant tools. It's a given that someone's going to get pissy if Gordon tells them they suck enough, but these people were being asswipes just to be asswipes.
Finally, I missed the sympathetic Gordon Ramsay that really tries to help them instead of just uttering swear words every three seconds. You can tell they're trying to capture the Hell's Kitchen demographic, but Fox has to understand that these are two distinctly different shows.
I'll watch the next episode, but I'm not optimistic.
Burn in hell, Fox.