TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Kid Nation 10/10/07

5K views 95 replies 38 participants last post by  justapixel 
Yeah, the kids don't understand religion if they think it's OK to say "Our religion is better." That's fine in a competition against another team, but tacky when it involves religion. And there's nothing wrong with a non-denominational service. But having one religious service can definitely be a bad thing. It waters down the idea if you don't mention specific beliefs, such as multiple gods, or the Holy Trinity that would offend the other religions. You must tread lightly when it involves someone's faith, and I think that a lot of the kids didn't get that.

Taylor showed horrible "leadership" this episode. It wouldn't have been surprised if the other teams had said "No, I'm not going to help. Why don't you get your team to do their jobs." At the very least, Michael and the other leaders should have gone to Taylor and put her in her place. Though I would have liked to see what would have happened if lunchtime rolled around and nobody had anything to eat.

Old Timey Mini-Golf :D
Why do they think that they have to give the kids modern things like this? Yes, the kids need diversions and fun and not to work all the time. But they could do it in ways that are more historically accurate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.