TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Kid Nation 10/10/07

5K views 95 replies 38 participants last post by  justapixel 
More and more, what I'm seeing here is an honest microcosm of what society is. Kids learn from their parents, and what you saw here with the religious topic, is exactly how adult society behaves. But with the kids, they had the honesty, the innocence to say exactly what they thought. In some cases, it was a parroting of their parents viewpoints. In other cases, we saw children showing that they were beginning to develop their own ideologies, including dispensing of the core religious values their parents gave them. We also saw an honest mix of tolerance and intolerance, and those who refused to deal with difference versus those who desired to embrace (and learn about) differences.

I give kudos to the producers for broaching this issue, but more important, I give kudos to the very high percentage of kids who dealt with this issue in a very intelligent mature way. Most of them seemed to want to embrace tolerance and learning. It's too bad we don't have that in adult society in this country.

My wife (a very spiritual person) and I (an atheist) found this episode very interesting, and I'm looking forward to more of this show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.