TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to keep shopping and DirecTV promotional channels (like 227, 237, 238, 341) from coming back every day on my "Channels You Receive" list? It's really annoying to have the reappear each night, to clutter up the channel guide.
I had the same problem with my Sony HD Receiver, but it was much quicker to delete them. With the Tivo unit, it takes about 45 seconds to get the Channels You Receive list to display.

·
Just hangin'
12,629 Posts
But, still remove any channel you don't want or need from the Channels You receive list so that when searching for programs you don't see the ones on those channels. Then set your Favorites list to remove the ones that keep coming back.

·
Lost in Big Bend
1,512 Posts
Or better yet, don't watch live TV. Use the DTivo for what it is intended for :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
JimSpence said:
But, still remove any channel you don't want or need from the Channels You receive list so that when searching for programs you don't see the ones on those channels. Then set your Favorites list to remove the ones that keep coming back.
I finally resorted to this. I got so fed up with removing those dog-gone shopping channels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DavidS said:
No way to avoid it. Happens with sports channels also, BTW. Best work-around is to use the Favorites list instead of Channels I Receive
The manual says that the Favorites list is limited in capacity. I have dozens of channels in my "Channels I Receive" list, and we use the guide to see what's on ... sorry, but we still watch mostly live TV, recording only when there's a scheduling conflict. Perhaps in time we'll watch everything time shifted. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have over 100 channels in my favorites lists on three different receiver types. What model says the list is limited?

·
Just hangin'
12,629 Posts
Typically the channels that keep showing up won't be used for auto recording of suggestions. But, other channels you actually don't subscribe to or want will. So, remove as many as you can and then ignore those that keep showing up. I don't use Favorites, but then I don't do a lot of surfing around. And when I do, I'm surfing in the guide in a few limited channel areas. I very rarely see the annoyance channels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.