TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No thread for this episode yet?

I thought it was a great episode. Mags is really frightening. I really loved her towering so threatening above Raylan at the picnic table and him not even blinking an eye. I really want to know what went down between their families to have caused Dickie's leg issues. And it's official, Doyle is the smart one. Funny how the two thought her saying she didn't want a federal marshal snooping around meant to kill Raylan.

The brother in law story didn't do much for me but it was nice to see a bit more depth in Rachel's character. The drug dealing magician was funny though. So was the Chinese speaking only furbot instead of furby.

Oh Boyd. Stay away from the idiots. You so know he's going to get involved. You could see his face light up when the said he'd be a hero. That was the winning phrase to get him on board, I think. Watching Walton Goggins spiral is amazing. He's such a compelling actor. I cannot take my eyes off the screen when he's on. I did like how Ava was standing behind the door, shotgun in hand. She totally had his back if needed.

·
Random Nobody
7,762 Posts
I liked the dialog with the chief deputy after the last commercial break.

"This one was a righteous shooting"
"Does this mean all the other ones you were involved in weren't?" (this one I don't quite remember the exact quote)

"You know what bothered me about this shoot? She reacted faster than me."
"You're getting old"
"Not as old as you!"
"And you're a dick!"

"She's my best deputy!"
"You know I'm sitting right here?"
"Yes, I do!"

--Carlos V.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about the halfway house guy? You may not have noticed but he had two fingers shot off.
Yes! I forgot to mention him. Finally someone in a position such as his that actually cares about helping and not just on a power trip, which is where I thought they were going with him at first.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i didn't think it was possible but I'm finding another actor, Goggins, more compelling to watch than Olyphant.

That's one of Elmore Leonard's strong points. He writes great villains.

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,028 Posts
i didn't think it was possible but I'm finding another actor, Goggins, more compelling to watch than Olyphant...
...and the two together are magic....

I loved him and Michael Chiklis in The Shield and didn't think it could get any better. But Justified is getting there...

·
Geekneck
763 Posts
I liked the dialog with the chief deputy after the last commercial break.

"This one was a righteous shooting"
"Does this mean all the other ones you were involved in weren't?" (this one I don't quite remember the exact quote)

"You know what bothered me about this shoot? She reacted faster than me."
"You're getting old"
"Not as old as you!"
"And you're a dick!"

"She's my best deputy!"
"You know I'm sitting right here?"
"Yes, I do!"
That exchange was great, but I loved the one at the end where Raylan's sniper co-worker (can't remember his name: Tim?) was discussing about Raylan shooting his Dad. That was hilarious! Can't remember all of it, but Raylan ended with something like "it wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be..." or something like that.

Cheryl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.