TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started Season 1 in July, and just finished episode 9x10.

That's alot of Stargate. :)

·
Wake-Maker!
1,541 Posts
StarGate is awesome scifi!

·
Tivoless
1,814 Posts
Just curious, when did it get really good? I watched the first couple seasons off-and-on and wasn't compelled to keep watching. As they lead up to the SG: Atlantis spinoff, things started to get intereting again. What season should I go back to in order to pick up the really important story arcs?

·
Unregistered User
2,540 Posts
I personally loved it from the begining, so I wouldnt know where to tell you when it got good, since we obviously see "good" differently. :D

·
Meh.
41,268 Posts
Indeed.

I wish there was more nudity, like in the pilot!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My wife and I are going through them now. She wasn't a fan until I had her sit down and watch the movie.

We started around Thanksgiving and we are in season 6 right now. Should be caught up by the time the new ones start airing.

·
Just someone
17,206 Posts
I'm a relative latecomer to Stargate. I only discovered it the summer of 2004. I haven't bought the DVDs, but I've watched a number of the older SG1s that they keep showing. I haven't seen them all, but I've probably seen most of the big stuff.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bentleyml said:
Did you also watch SG: Atlantis? :D
I've been watching Atlantis since it started, but without the context of SG-1.
So I think I'll rewatch it.

I plan to watch the first 2 episodes at the very least.

I love the character development (although it's no Farscape in that regard) and especially the pop culture references ("Burns as a Goa'uld...interesting.")

Not happy about the major changes going into season 8, but that's the way it goes with long-running shows.

SOOOOO looking forward to SciFi Fridays starting up again!
When does Farscape Season 5 start? :)

·
No Avatar Selected
4,077 Posts
That's nothing. As soon as the animated series comes out on DVD, I'm going for a Star Trek DVD marathon, with a twist: show them in chronological order, including editing the time-travel episodes to show the past events first. Also interlacing the TNG and DS9 concurrent episodes.

And that is also about the time I'll finally get around to building the MythTV box to manage all that.

·
Beware of Conky!
2,574 Posts
alyssa said:
I bought season 2,3,4 & 7 on dvd.

There was a buy one get on free special....
I just picked up seasons 3, 4, 5 and 6 on that deal! (I got 1 & 2 for christmas and 7 as a gift for working thanksgiving)

~$22 a season.... ya just can't beat that!
:D

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
They also had Jeremiah S1 on that same special....I haven't seen any of the shows but loved Babylon 5.

I Keep hopeing JM Straczynski will do another series.
But yes, it was a *great* deal!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts