TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Thanks EVERYONE for the suggestions and help. I had a Series 2 with Lifetime hooked up to my new DLP Samsung 42" HDTV and I could not stand the picture. :down:
I tried changing the recording to BEST, I adjusted the aspect ratio over 20 times, and the picture was not Sharp or Crisp to say the least.

SO I went to Circuit City with a $40 off coupon and I found the HD box for $258. So after using the coupon, I got it for $218 . I couldn't go another day with the poor picture or the Comcast DVR.

Thanks for everyone's help,
:cool: Shane

· I can't explain
19,455 Posts
thomaslue said:
Does anyone know if there is an HD Tivo in the works that includes a DVD Recorder (like the TOSHIBA RS-TX20?)
no one knows but it is highly doubtful we will see one anytime soon or TiVo would have mentioned it in some form.

there may be more long range plans to figure out what Hi Def format to go with

· Sr Legacy Member
446 Posts
ZeoTiVo said:
there may be more long range plans to figure out what Hi Def format to go with
No doubt, my wish would be consumer electronic based HD DVD recorders would come with a standard eSata or other type of communication to enable PC or other device communication.

With all the DRM focus in the industry, who knows if a standard could come about....

So in the end, I would just like to have a TiVo Supported DVD Recorder that would hook up to either of the S3 boxes...

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea when I will be able to network the Tivo Series 2 downstairs and the Tivo HD to access each others recorded programs?

Tivo said they are hoping for a software release that will enable that, and the external storage with the eSATA port.

Any eta?

· I can't explain
19,455 Posts
Shanezam203 said:
Any idea when I will be able to network the Tivo Series 2 downstairs and the Tivo HD to access each others recorded programs?

Tivo said they are hoping for a software release that will enable that, and the external storage with the eSATA port.

Any eta?
TiVo has said they have plans to get it out by the end of the year but have not updated their web site with that same info. So we have end of the year from various interviews.

· Astute User
11,392 Posts
thomaslue said:
Does anyone know if there is an HD Tivo in the works that includes a DVD Recorder (like the TOSHIBA RS-TX20?)
I doubt there is one, anytime soon. If there were, it would be limited to what it can record anyhow. For and HD-DVD recorder, they may wait for them to become commodity parts. And HD-DVD player model is a bit more likely.

· Sr Legacy Member
446 Posts
drew00001 said:
Wow!! Time to get a new dresser . . . . :)
True, but the priorities are absolutely in line. Technology and life/living first, aesthetics 2nd.

Looks like an appt situation. Save, save, save, buy a house, live, paint, live, furnish, live, repaint, live, save, (buy a new house or renovate), live, repeat, repeat, repeat, die.

live = family, life, travel, community, experience, religion/spirituality/awareness, struggle, repeat some of the other, joy.

In between, update tech with life.

· Registered
421 Posts
Shanezam203 said:
Is there anyway with any Tivo to check the space you have available?
No. But you can check how much space each program takes (along with percentages) by hitting "Enter" when viewing the general details of your recordings off the "Now Playing List" (ie, select a program off the NPL to bring up the screen that shows the program information and options, and hit "enter", scroll all the way down).

· I'm back!
36,157 Posts
Roughly the size of your Recently Deleted folder (plus the Suggestions folder if you're cavalier about Suggestions) = the free space that can be taken up without losing any programs you may want to keep.

· I can't explain
19,455 Posts
pdhenry said:
Roughly the size of your Recently Deleted folder (plus the Suggestions folder if you're cavalier about Suggestions) = the free space that can be taken up without losing any programs you may want to keep.
that is after you use the device long enough to start filling up recently deleted or suggestions.

· McGruber
31,009 Posts
Cool!

I'm not sure where to ask this so I'll put it here. How hard is it to talk Comcast into giving you cablecards? I will probably be getting comcast soon and would love to get one of these new HD tivos and I might want to get some digital programming and get some cablecards for the tivo.

Is it as easy as just going to comcast and saying "I need some cablecards for my Tivo please" or do I need to jump through some hoops?

I'm such a newbie.

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
stalemate said:
Cool!

Is it as easy as just going to comcast and saying "I need some cablecards for my Tivo please" or do I need to jump through some hoops?

I'm such a newbie.
Comcast is giving me 2 cable cards, but I believe both of them are an extra $1.50 a month total...

They are not self install they promised me, so I have to wait till Thursday for them to come out, August 8th.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.