TiVo Community Forum banner
161 - 180 of 661 Posts

· Meh.
41,592 Posts
Philadelphia has the Running Of The Santas. I was in town last Saturday afternoon and what I thought was a seemingly endless stream of Santa hat wearing pub crawlers apparently was this event. The only people who probably make any money off this are bar owners and employees and I bet half of them wish this event would go away.

Philadelphia - Running of the Santas 2016

· I am Groot!
59,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Around here, we have Zombie Pub Crawl at Halloween. It used to pass literally outside my building, and as it got bigger and bigger it got more and more hellish (apparently, it peaked at 30,000 participants). Finally, they moved it to another part of downtown, and more recently they moved it again out of downtown. I don't think anybody really wants it around any more, especially after they've experienced it. (My building's staff had to spend hours the next day cleaning the sidewalks...)

· Ambassador to the City of Chicago
742 Posts
Chicago's got TBOX (twelve bars of Christmas), and it's a total s--- show every year.
Neighbors in Wrigleyville (where it's generally held) have been trying to get it shut for years now, but I don't think they ever will.

· Premium Member
9,707 Posts
I can't find our telemarketing thread, so I'll just post this here....

I just got a telemarketing call, which was new to me, because it started with (and continued under the pitch) very familiar "Epic and Dramatic" music. Yup, it was Ash: The Secession. And it was hilarious, possibly the most gripping notice that this is my final opportunity to lower my interest relates as pertains to the stimulus ever. ;)

(For those that don't remember Jack Warner's response to John Oliver)

· Registered
5,262 Posts

· I am Groot!
59,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,060 Posts
Funny that one of his "And now, This" bits this week was making fun of Chris Matthews for basically appearing to be senile, and then he retired the next day. I wonder if him seeing that collection of his screw ups was the final straw for him.

· Well-Known Raconteur
18,434 Posts

· Deregistered Snoozer
4,976 Posts
Between this, and the hiatus of all the late-night talk shows, how the hell am I supposed to know what to think about the day's events? Will I have to ... ugh, shudder, take a deep breath, just calm down.... think for myself?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
It isn't so much knowing what to think about them, it's learning about them in the first place.

I have no accounts on Facebook or Twitter and certainly don't intend to create any now. I definitely can't take watching MSNBC, CNN, or (ugh!) Fox for news. I guess I'll just keep watching the nightly local news and if it's not covered there (which, after they get done with COVID19 news and the weather, plus whatever local houses/businesses burned down since last night, is not that much) I won't know about it.

With all sports canceled I've been thinking they should retool the sports section of the nightly news as "COVID19 News".

161 - 180 of 661 Posts