TiVo Community Forum banner
641 - 660 of 660 Posts

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Yep. That’s what’s happening. If people aren’t watching Discovery+ because HBO is better, then we’ll just burn down HBO so they’ll have to watch us (“…wait. there are other streaming services they can watch?”)

HBO was the best of the best. I’ll miss you, as we devolve into mediocrity.

·
Registered
17,525 Posts
Is that clip from a past episode, or a preview of tonight?

I ask, because I was kinda surprised we haven't seen him comment on HBO Max's state of affairs yet, and I'm wondering if somehow I got bored with a segment, my attention drifted, and I missed the whole joke...
I remember seeing it in an episode. (I think it last week's; but it might have been the one before that)

Edit - remembered that I have 'recently deleted' and very little new recording to overwrite them. It was at the 22 minute mark of the 8/7 episode and the whole slam was just a 15 second digression from the monkeypox segment

·
Ambassador to the City of Chicago
740 Posts

I ask, because I was kinda surprised we haven't seen him comment on HBO Max's state of affairs yet, and I'm wondering if somehow I got bored with a segment, my attention drifted, and I missed the whole joke...
Last week’s episode I’m pretty sure

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts

I remember seeing it in an episode. (I think it last week's; but it might have been the one before that)

Edit - remembered that I have 'recently deleted' and very little new recording to overwrite them. It was at the 22 minute mark of the 8/7 episode and the whole slam was just a 15 second digression from the monkeypox segment
august 7th ep, the tweet is dated august 8th.

i posted as i remembered the quip but realized when i saw the tweet that it hadn't been shared here.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
He did the same with the AT&T Corporate Overlords, so this is not unexpected.
Letterman also did it with GE (many, many years ago. I remember he went to the GE head offices with a gift basket.

I should see if that’s on YouTube.

edit:

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts

I bought an offset, so now I’m green! 😁
Did you actually? I ask because I went to the website, and it says all their offsets have been sold. This means either:

A) They didn't actually let anyone spend any money, they just set up the organization and website, but weren't going to actually accept anyone's money.
B) 10,000 people were willing to sacrifice 1$ for comedy.

And I'm honestly torn as to which I believe... ;)

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
58,967 Posts
Did you actually? I ask because I went to the website, and it says all their offsets have been sold. This means either:

A) They didn't actually let anyone spend any money, they just set up the organization and website, but weren't going to actually accept anyone's money.
B) 10,000 people were willing to sacrifice 1$ for comedy.

And I'm honestly torn as to which I believe... ;)
Are you really torn? There's no way they didn't get 10K people wanting to each spend a dollar within minutes after the first airing ended.

641 - 660 of 660 Posts