TiVo Community Forum banner
621 - 640 of 660 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
Back with an audience this week!! Much better than the white void.
Some good points made on the CRT topic. The Debbie Downer news guy bit was funny.

·
Meh.
43,263 Posts
I don't always find LWT to be Emmy worthy but John's take down of the fake anti-CRT sentiment overtaking this country was brilliant.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
I don't always find LWT to be Emmy worthy but John's take down of the fake anti-CRT sentiment overtaking this country was brilliant.
The best was his point that the "leader" of the anti-CRT movement's real endgame funding private schools with tax money, or the so called "school choice". I am sure if you did more digging on the guy (who's name escapes me) you'll find he's probably on the board of several private (most likely Christian) schools. Most of what he talked about I already knew. And if I go deeper into this it's political (though it shouldn't be) and not for this thread.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
All topics are more enjoyable when John's having fun. Many of the episodes of the last two years were missing that 'special something', as if the show just wasn't as much fun to make during the height of the pandemic restrictions. Either that, or he was just burnt out for a while.

He seems mostly back to his over-the-top enthusiastic state - which is what the show runs on. Hopefully back with an audience, minimal restrictions, he'll be able to maintain it...

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,319 Posts
This week's episode was an instant classic. Saying goodbye to "business daddy," getting quoted in OAN's lawsuit against former "business daddy," and potentially blackmailing members of Congress!

·
I am Groot!
64,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #634 ·
hmm, it was my favorite part of the segment, most of the rest of the monologue i already knew.
The first one (the real one) was fine. But the second one (the parody) felt as long as a real Korean TV series...i.e., 16 hour+ episodes. And it really wasn't any funnier than the real one. ;)

621 - 640 of 660 Posts