TiVo Community Forum banner
301 - 320 of 661 Posts

· All About Footwork
29,905 Posts
Ah, so you were only PRETENDING to be a complete idiot, for the sake of a joke! I get it now!

;)
I don't have to pretend!

er...um...that didn't come out right...

OTOH, I'm getting credit for inventing the term mansplaining...I can live with that!

· I am Groot!
58,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
How sad is it that I immediately knew Cop Rock :)
(Though I never saw an episode, I remember the ads for it in the 90's)
Yeah, I remember it vividly, although like yo I never watched it.

But even knowing how bad it must have been, I know know it was worse than my worst nightmares...thanks so much, John Oliver! :D

· I am Groot!
58,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
I couldn't get through this week's episode. I just had to turn it off after 5 minutes into the main segment.
The Tucker Carlson story became more and more interesting to me as it went (although I have to admit, I knew very little about Tucker Carlson; going forward, I'm going to understand the stories about him that appear in the news a lot better). My first reaction was "Why on Earth is he wasting a segment on this human cesspool?!?" (a question he even asked himself early on), but it became worthwhile, I think.

· Well-Known Raconteur
19,683 Posts
I couldn't get through this week's episode. I just had to turn it off after 5 minutes into the main segment.
My thought as well, at first. I don't give a rat's ass about Tucker. He's one of the most irritating talking heads on Fox. Every time I try to watch him (out of a desire to see how all sides view current issues), I get so pissed I have to change channels within a minute or two. If that long.:rolleyes:

But...

The Tucker Carlson story became more and more interesting to me as it went (although I have to admit, I knew very little about Tucker Carlson; going forward, I'm going to understand the stories about him that appear in the news a lot better). My first reaction was "Why on Earth is he wasting a segment on this human cesspool?!?" (a question he even asked himself early on), but it became worthwhile, I think.
This. I kept watching, and it became pretty interesting. I ended up watching the entire segment, and was rewarded at the end, with a dancing Tucker.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,498 Posts
I'm experimenting with AT&T TV and unfortunately there's now way to pad shows so I missed the end (why can't HBO get this scheduling right? The show is pre-recorded isn't it?) I'll go to HBO Max and watch the ending.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,498 Posts
HBOMAX makes the current episode of LWT available at the same time as broadcast air. Kinda nice being unchained from Sunday 10pm slot.
Yeah, I have to start remembering to watch it that way. My first inclination is to watch it via my DVR. Using DirecTV I had it padded. With this, there's just no way to pad.

· Cat God
17,238 Posts
One good reason to talk about Tucker is that he is floating the idea of running for President.

· Premium Member
11,082 Posts
I was fully expecting a clip from Dancing with the Stars but I suppose they couldn't get rights to use it.

I thought Hannity had higher ratings than Tucker. I guess I was wrong.

One thing they did not say was that Fox's ratings have dropped significantly lately to a third place finish in Q4 2020. At least for now it gives me hope that people are getting tired of that side.

· I am Groot!
58,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
One thing they did not say was that Fox's ratings have dropped significantly lately to a third place finish in Q4 2020. At least for now it gives me hope that people are getting tired of that side.
What's interesting is that even when Fox was dominating the cable news ratings, that was only because CNN and MSNBC were splitting the vote, so to speak. They still are, but Fox has dropped down to their level (my understanding is that all three are now in more or less a dead heat, with each claiming "victory" based on one specialized metric or another). So the fact that it's a dead heat means that, at least on cable TV, sane people outnumber Foxnuts by roughly 2 to 1.

I wonder, during Fox's supremacy, how they compared to the combined ratings of CNN and MSNBC?

· tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
What's interesting is that even when Fox was dominating the cable news ratings, that was only because CNN and MSNBC were splitting the vote, so to speak...I wonder, during Fox's supremacy, how they compared to the combined ratings of CNN and MSNBC?
don't forget, fox is now splitting ratings with newsmax and oan, so the playing field is bigger.

· Great Odin's Raven!
5,018 Posts
don't forget, fox is now splitting ratings with newsmax and oan, so the playing field is bigger.
This, and there was also a big push away from Fox News after the election because Fox News called Arizona earlier than other news channels. I seem to remember someone on Twitter complaining about Fox News for doing that and turning people to alternative news channels.

Funny, I can't seem to find it now...

· tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
I thought those numbers were relatively minuscule?
not based on the amount of mentions, both nationally and locally, i've been hearing, though their iptv (comcast, streaming) and online presence probably doesn't track accurately with nielsen - they will, however, show as losses for fox.

· Premium Member
11,082 Posts
From what I am reading 45 is no longer pushing an alternative media empire and is really not doing too much of anything and has no machine so to speak. This makes me wonder if OAN/Newsmax will start to fade because of the lack of mentions.

Reactions: tim1724
301 - 320 of 661 Posts