TiVo Community Forum banner
221 - 240 of 661 Posts

· Señor Member
94,427 Posts
Stamps ordered!

FWIW, it seems they are .55 stamps, not Forever stamps. I would have ordered 2-3 sheets (I use a fair number of stamps over time), but since rates will be going up soon... just one sheet.
Yeah, that alone would prevent me from buying them. I hated having to mix and match when rates went up, and I don't use them much at all in any case.

· I am Groot!
58,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Yeah, that alone would prevent me from buying them. I hated having to mix and match when rates went up, and I don't use them much at all in any case.
Yeah, I buy rolls of Forever Stamps for my office (just got two rolls last week). I'd be tempted to get some of these, but A) not Forever Stamps, and B) not rolls.

· Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Totally! Somehow or other, when I watched the episode yesterday, I missed them. So cute. Of course, I love the animal ones. Like others, I wish they were 'forever', as I use 3 stamps a year but maybe I should buy some anyway to put with some other sheets I have saved.

ETA - Ok, where do you get them? I Googled, I went to USPS, and no findy. TIA

· Registered
5,257 Posts

· Registered
16,251 Posts
Totally! Somehow or other, when I watched the episode yesterday, I missed them. So cute. Of course, I love the animal ones. Like others, I wish they were 'forever', as I use 3 stamps a year but maybe I should buy some anyway to put with some other sheets I have saved.

ETA - Ok, where do you get them? I Googled, I went to USPS, and no findy. TIA
It is odd that the Post Office doesn't offer an Forever option for these branded stamps. I wonder if that's because of the accounting issue where they have to factor into future usage of Forever stamps?

· Registered
5,257 Posts
What's up with John Oliver and Danbury CT?
He started his rage 2 episodes ago with the Jury episode. I don't think Danbury had the problems discussed (i.e. Hartford being excluded from the CT jury pool because the "d" in Hartford was interpreted by the computer as deceased) ("Those two missing cities (Hartford and New Briton) accounted for 63 percent of African Americans in the district, and 68 percent of the Hispanic population, which is horrible," says Oliver. "Because, if you're going to forget a town in Connecticut, why not forget Danbury? Because, and this is true, **** Danbury!")

On the last episode, out of nowhere, he went on a profanity laced rampage again against Danbury.

Danbury in response has named a Sewerage Plant after Oliver, so I guess we'll hear more from John Sunday.

· All About Footwork
29,905 Posts
The Daily Show has Spirit Airlines...John Stewart before that had...um...was it Arby's? TGI Friday? something like that?

Those jokes never get old...I love it when they turn to the camera and give the zinger...

221 - 240 of 661 Posts