TiVo Community Forum banner
201 - 220 of 661 Posts

· Premium Member
10,985 Posts
Oliver's appearance on Colbert was fun, if a bit improv-y.
I didn't notice during his show, but it looks like the 'perfect white' background behind him is rolls of paper on the wall. I suspect they shipped him some form of tacky paper to put up, because that sort of perfect white background just isn't likely to be found in most houses. You couldn't see it on the John Oliver show proper when it was perfectly framed, but with the various angles and shadows that were present it his call to Colbert, you could sometimes see the seams.

(Yes, these are the things that cross my mind when I have nothing better to contemplate - and after a day of fighting my own webcam to make myself not look like the whitest man on the planet in a yellow room).

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,396 Posts
Why is the audio so bad on all of the various talk shows? I realize they are recording at home but many YouTubers don't seem to have this issue.
I think there's a lot of learning going on with these talk shows. The hosts have never had to do this themselves and many didn't have decent equipment. The first night Seth Meyers did a YT show, he was in a hallway and was very echo-ey. A couple nights later, he mentioned he'd gotten a new microphone and had moved to a different room and it sounded much better. At least he didn't have kids laughing all through the whole thing like Fallon.

· Registered
16,251 Posts
I think there's a lot of learning going on with these talk shows. The hosts have never had to do this themselves and many didn't have decent equipment. The first night Seth Meyers did a YT show, he was in a hallway and was very echo-ey. A couple nights later, he mentioned he'd gotten a new microphone and had moved to a different room and it sounded much better. At least he didn't have kids laughing all through the whole thing like Fallon.
I'm just surprised they didn't do more testing before going live. I mean, these are multi-million dollar shows after all. I've only seen a few shows though, TBH. I guess I didn't realize how annoying bad AV issues could be. Maybe I'll give them another week to shake out the bugs.

· Registered
16,251 Posts
Watched Colbert last night and the AV was quite good. In fact, if you did tell me, I wouldn't have known the Pelosi interview was done during the SaH period.

(Though the Alicia Keys interview wasn't nearly as good. I guess Keys didn't have the necessary equipment.)

· Well-Known Raconteur
19,672 Posts
Stamps ordered!

FWIW, it seems they are .55 stamps, not Forever stamps. I would have ordered 2-3 sheets (I use a fair number of stamps over time), but since rates will be going up soon... just one sheet.

201 - 220 of 661 Posts