TiVo Community Forum banner
181 - 200 of 661 Posts

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,551 Posts
Bill Maher is coming back the following week. It will be interesting to see how they do that show, considering it's panel driven. I guess it will be done like one of the CNN shows where the talking heads debate each other via satellite.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,047 Posts
Apparently Samantha Bee was new last night. I canceled my recording earlier in the day, since there had been no announcement that I saw.
I had watched her Beeing at Home videos on YouTube last week when she said they were going to try to do a real episode for last night. Haven't watched it yet, though.

· Deregistered Snoozer
4,976 Posts
Sam Bee did a new show... she was out in the woods with Jason Jones as her cameraman and her kids helping with lighting etc.

She was funny but man, it's so weird when they do jokes with no audience to bounce off of.

· I am Groot!
58,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Sam Bee did a new show... she was out in the woods with Jason Jones as her cameraman and her kids helping with lighting etc.

She was funny but man, it's so weird when they do jokes with no audience to bounce off of.
I did..."find" the episode.

Yes, odd...but WORLDS better than the one she did before the hiatus.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,551 Posts

Agreed. For those who don't like "laugh tracks" or even "live with a Studio Audience" realize how weird it feels without comics having an audience to joke to.

Anyway, I thought it was great. What I wonder is how they handle doing graphics and cutaways? I guess they send the SB portion to the studios in Atlanta or wherever and they mix that stuff in?

· Cat God
17,525 Posts
Anyway, I thought it was great. What I wonder is how they handle doing graphics and cutaways? I guess they send the SB portion to the studios in Atlanta or wherever and they mix that stuff in?
They don't need a studio for that. One person on a laptop or iPad could do all that. Maybe not as quickly, but it's not hard to superimpose a graphic on an image. Cutaways are just video and that can be spliced in.

· I am Groot!
58,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
They don't need a studio for that. One person on a laptop or iPad could do all that. Maybe not as quickly, but it's not hard to superimpose a graphic on an image. Cutaways are just video and that can be spliced in.
And it's not like the show is done live...

· I am Groot!
58,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Really? Mine ended right on time...

I don't think John has adapted to the new reality quite as well as Samantha Bee did...i.e., she seemed a lot more comfortable this week without an audience than he did...although he was a lot better than he was for his last show before the hiatus! They were both pretty wretched that week. I assume he'll settle in, though...

181 - 200 of 661 Posts