TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
One thing they did not say was that Fox's ratings have dropped significantly lately to a third place finish in Q4 2020. At least for now it gives me hope that people are getting tired of that side.
What's interesting is that even when Fox was dominating the cable news ratings, that was only because CNN and MSNBC were splitting the vote, so to speak...I wonder, during Fox's supremacy, how they compared to the combined ratings of CNN and MSNBC?
don't forget, fox is now splitting ratings with newsmax and oan, so the playing field is bigger.

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
I thought those numbers were relatively minuscule?
not based on the amount of mentions, both nationally and locally, i've been hearing, though their iptv (comcast, streaming) and online presence probably doesn't track accurately with nielsen - they will, however, show as losses for fox.

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
Actually I've been a bit surprised how LITTLE railing against the Dems there seems to be. They're all in on "cancel culture" (as always completely misrepresented and utterly wrong) but there's surprisingly little about, for example, the 1.9T relief plan just passed with 0 Rep votes.

I was sure we'd get the relief package equivalent of death panels but so far... not much...
that might have to do with the 76% approval among all americans - including a majority of those on the conservative side - it turns out money is real popular. :)

my worry? when things begin to transition to whatever normal will be, what happens to all of the foreclosures and evictions. i fear the worst hasn't even started yet...

Reactions: tim1724

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
Although I saw something interesting (and even a little hard to believe) on the news last night...the total amount of money that is coming to Minnesota through the various relief bills (last year's and this year's) for renter assistance is greater than the total amount of currently delinquent rent. So if they can just find a way to get that money into people's hands (much of last year's still hasn't been disbursed)...
i was under the impression that housing assistance was only for government housing and freddie/fannie?

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
This is the only show that consistently goes over that I watch. And considering it's not a Live show (like Bill Maher was for example), I don't understand why they can't get this right.
same here, it's been padded 5 minutes for ages - i guess they don't know the exact running time by the time hbo submits the schedule, but oliver could do better, since it happens so often - just log it as 35 minutes each week regardless, and be done with it.

Reactions: Steveknj

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
Agreed. The whole episode was basically him railing on the idea that it's a "tit-for-tat" war, when the reality is Hamas sends a bunch of rockets that are largely ineffective and then Israel retaliates with their vastly superior forces and kills a bunch of people and levels buildings.
with little regard for safety of the press, or women and children - this one's going to sting bibi for a long while.

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
Actually they did give a one-hour warning before destroying that high-rise where various press organizations had offices, so they did have regard for the safety of the press in that situation. But you're correct they've been pretty callous about women and children as collateral damage.
i knew about the warning, but i watched an interview with a member of ap, and he didn't seem to agree that it was enough, saying the one-hour notice barely left them enough time to evacuate their offices, and he was angry about the short warning lead-time.

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
Sure. Makes sense anyone who had a home or office in the building would be mad they didn't get more of a warning. But the fact there was any warning at all is a gift. Either Israel had evidence Hamas was using the building, in which case it's a legitimate military target and no warning was necessary, or Israel didn't have the evidence and destroying the building was a war crime, with or without warning.
yes, any warning greatly reduced the odds for a successful strike, but with recent questions about the validity of the evidence, or whether or not any evidence existed, we're not hearing the last of this story.

the legitimacy of any target is not the sole deciding factor of whether or not to strike, and this target seems particularly wreckless.

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
If combatants are using a residential building, or a hospital, or a church as a hiding place, it makes that location a valid military target.
and if the intel is questionable, and the attacking country refuses to release the intel? as you mentioned, the courts may become involved, and that's not good for bibi.

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
i still have a 1p for sam, and she's still got it - are many lol moments when she's on point - but when she falls into her repetitive, preachy rut, i ffwd to the next segment.

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I will state my opinion clearly: People lived there. Moses came and some converted. Jesus came and some converted. Mohamed came and some converted. All lived there for centuries. They ALL have a right to live there. Where I argue is this: some of them should not rule without allowing the others to participate (religious discrimination) and only descendants of those people can stake a claim (i.e. a European who converts should not automatically have a "right" to the land).
exactly! just get everyone to agree, and you've solved middle-east peace! ;)

·
tabasco rules
16,723 Posts
I just watched the episode, earlier this morning. I didn't know about these religion-based "insurance" things. That sounds horrible and, well, not surprising I suppose. Sounds like it's a money-maker and I would imagine that's the point from their end.
i wonder if it's a tax-exempt money-grab, too? :mad: i don't remember from the ep...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts