TiVo Community Forum banner
4521 - 4533 of 4533 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
I'm tired of Ken's intro patter (and I like Ken as a host). Enough Amy Amy Amy (and I love Amy as a champ). He's always going on about this stat, and that record, and how she does this, and how many clues, etc yada. We know it, we watch the show. I think Amy finds it embarrassing (but will never say so), and the other two contestants have to find it intimidating. If he did it once or twice a week, okay. But every day after day after day... enough!

Amy plays far more conservatively on the betting. Something that drives me crazy when she is playing in the double Jeopardy round and has a very significant lead and hits the second of the two daily doubles and then proceeds to bet $2,000 (as an example).
She plays to win. You can see her calculating her lead, versus the number of clues left. Big lead, few clues... she bets 4K or 6K. Lots of clues or slimmer lead, she bets 2/3K. She's not about maximizing her winnings, but retaining a lead going into FJ.

James was a very different type contestant. Huge wagers, even if it would cost him the lead. His confidence level was sky high, and he wagered accordingly.

I like them both, but would have to say James is the most entertaining player I've ever seen.

·
I'm back!
34,351 Posts
I'm tired of Ken's intro patter (and I like Ken as a host). Enough Amy Amy Amy (and I love Amy as a champ). He's always going on about this stat, and that record, and how she does this, and how many clues, etc yada. We know it, we watch the show. I think Amy finds it embarrassing (but will never say so), and the other two contestants have to find it intimidating. If he did it once or twice a week, okay. But every day after day after day... enough!
I think it's scripted as opposed to a personal shortcoming of Ken's hosting style.

He's not the host, he's just hosting ;) so probably he doesn't have a lot of pull to change it even if he detests it (but somehow it also feels in-character for him).

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
60,894 Posts
Totally agree with this. It seems like he's totally fanboi-ing over Amy and I feel bad for the other contestants that have to sit there and listen to it.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
60,894 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,766 Posts
Wow! I got the final jeopardy clue and even Amy didn't. It seemed obvious.
I was surprised it was a triple-stumper. 1949. Extinct volcano. Cemetery. It all adds up to Hawaii.

Tough week for Amy and FJ. After an amazing run on FJ (something like 90%+), she was 1/5 this week.

She had a $124,000 swing in potential winnings. That's $124,000 LESS than she could have had. In one week.

Reactions: stellie93

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
But it also goes against the disadvantage of being tired.

The filming schedule of Jeopardy! has returned - 3 days of filming a week, 5 episodes per day. This is a brutal schedule on a returning champion who has no break to recuperate. The challengers instead are fresh and rested.

It's a game of endurance and stamina. The experience of coming back helps counter this, but it's still brutal. And I believe Matt said it was taped on 3 consecutive days, so it's really a long set of days.

4521 - 4533 of 4533 Posts