TiVo Community Forum banner
5821 - 5840 of 6053 Posts

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,047 Posts
Cris had a big day today and is now one of only six players all time to end a game with over $70,000. The others are James Holzauer, Matt Amodio, Roger Craig, Ken Jennings, and Amy Schnieder.

He's also now 9th on the all-time list of winning streaks. And his $487,000 won puts him 7th on the regular season winnings list.

· Premium Member
9,703 Posts
Do you have a screen shot? Or the exact clue? I don't remember it (I was just catching up with this thread today), but I'm intrigued.
Font Writing Number Document Paper

The question didn't have anything to do with the code presented, it was just code on the screen when they were asking a general computer science question. The word they are looking for is just Algorithm .

I'm 90% sure the languange in question is Scala, but since I don't know Scala, I'm not actually sure.

· Registered
2,386 Posts
It's Scala, and it's adapted from this:

Get rid of a bit of error checking and the screenshot matches.

Edit: Yes, I like deciphering where code on screen came from. Almost always it came from somewhere and is not original code.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Someone else's response makes mine pointless. Thanks to whoever posted.

And I need to get rid of a bunch of episodes. I kept them to watch commercials. Well, I need to watch those and delete. This time of year, there are plenty of commercials. Still, on the channel where I don't watch this show, I don't see the commercials. Oh, right, last night was Thursday and NBC has a football game. I may have to watch last night's recording from the other channel.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
I'm two episodes behind because I watched parades, spent too much time on the computer and read actual newspapers.

Nathan Lane, interviewed on NPR, asked Tom Papa why he wasn't hosting "Jeopardy".

The response was they actually give people prize money on that show.

· Premium Member
16,925 Posts
I set out to watch last night's episode, this morning, and found a part of a football game taking up the spot. Need to pay more attention. Usually, I cruise through the guide and pad when there are games but I totally forgot.

Thanks to those here who have helped me, I knew to go right online to search the game and found recordings, but I pretty much skipped to pretty near the end.

Looks like it was not one of the biggest scoring games, however I did like the outcome. I like this player and wish them well.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
I had time to watch last night. Ken mentioned Thanksgiving. That's something I hadn't even thought about. He would have had to know how long the tournament lasted.

· Registered
2,386 Posts
Of course he knew how long the tournament lasted. They filmed the regular series, then start filming the ToC. They film the ToC and they'd know ahead of time how long it's going to take, then they pick up filming the regular show where it left off.

It's filmed way in advance - and even the ToC may have been filmed before the last of the regular episodes were recorded - either way it's a set and done package so when they resume regular episodes, the length of the ToC is well known months in advance (typically an episode is taped 3 months ahead of when it airs). Given the ToC lasted over a month, that would be around a two week real life break which I guess was filmed sometime in July or August. The ToC starts on a known date so they know exactly when it will end and what date the next regular episode is.

The only time it screws up badly is if there's a last minute change to the schedule, I think this happened last year which results in the Christmas episodes being off-kilter until it was re-synced.

· Registered
2,386 Posts
OK. yesterday's Celebrity Jeopardy was probably the most boring one yet. There was just no energy in it and I think even if you compared it with a regular Jeopardy episode it was still lacking. Just contestants that were dead dead dead.

And it featured Melissa Rauch as well

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,047 Posts
OK. yesterday's Celebrity Jeopardy was probably the most boring one yet. There was just no energy in it and I think even if you compared it with a regular Jeopardy episode it was still lacking. Just contestants that were dead dead dead.

That one was shown a couple weeks ago here in the US.

· Registered
4,296 Posts

Well, the others weren't boring. So this one was kind of a relief.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
I was reminded when I heard what sounded like her kind of music on one of those doctor shows.

They should the most unpleasant photo of Billie Eilish when the clue was about her brother. Doesn't that girl EVER smile?

· Registered
1,923 Posts
I don't understand yesterday's final Jeopardy! If your the 2nd place contestant and you have exactly half as much as the champion why do you not go all in with your wager? Force a tie breaker where you could instantly win?

Edit to add. I watched a Youtube replay. I guess she needed another $500.

· Registered
1,922 Posts
I don't understand yesterday's final Jeopardy! If your the 2nd place contestant and you have exactly half as much as the champion why do you not go all in with your wager? Force a tie breaker where you could instantly win?

Edit to add. I watched a Youtube replay. I guess she needed another $500.
She didn't have half his score, she was $500 short...Xanni had $19400, Cris had $39800.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,047 Posts
Yesterday evening, before watching the episode, I saw that "Jeopardy" was trending on Twitter. And then when I watched the episode and one of the contenders was doing so well and had a lead most of the game, I thought this must be the end for Cris. But he made a really gutsy DD wager and then got FJ correct for another huge payday. He's 5th all time in regular season winnings, but he'd have to more than double his current total to get to 4th. That's how far ahead the top four are.

· Premium Member
16,925 Posts
I always watch the next morning and I was sweating it for him this morning. Good thing I don't make bets because I might have bet on that other guy in this match up. For a while there he was really knocking it out of the park and, perhaps if not for that one DJ, Cris might not have been able to pull it out.

5821 - 5840 of 6053 Posts