TiVo Community Forum banner
5581 - 5600 of 6053 Posts

· Premium Member
16,925 Posts
Last night's episode was a bit of a nail-biter!

I liked how the champ was gracious to the guy who could have taken him out. But then, I'm really big on sportsmanship. I loathe poor sportsmanship.

I kind of wish we had the show in the mornings, like some of you, because since it's at night I record and don't see it until the next morning. Meanwhile, the next episode has already aired in parts of the country so I have to be careful when I hit the thread. :)

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,047 Posts
I think Cris' highest one-day total so far is $59,821, which is the 34th highest single day (at least according to the list I'm looking at, which may not be 100% up-to-date). The players who have had single-day totals higher than that are James Holzauer, Matt Amodio, Roger Craig, Ken Jennings, Amy Schneider, Austin Rogers, and Skyler Hornbeck.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Iliza was better behaved.

I remember the Duracell rabbit but that's not the better known one.

Am I the only one or didn't Iliza risk $3000 and get only $2000 added to her score? And this was never fixed, though it never changed anything in the final result. I was rooting for her because of my cousin. But at least cystic fibrosis got $50,000.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,047 Posts
Iliza was better behaved.

I remember the Duracell rabbit but that's not the better known one.

Am I the only one or didn't Iliza risk $3000 and get only $2000 added to her score? And this was never fixed, though it never changed anything in the final result. I was rooting for her because of my cousin. But at least cystic fibrosis got $50,000.
She initially said $3,000 but then changed her mind and said $2,000.

· Premium Member
16,925 Posts
Man, I'm learning all kinds of stuff today. I didn't know about the Duracell rabbit and remember thinking what a hilarious answer, when she probably meant Eveready Bunny and just screwed it up royally.

So, I looked up the Duracell rabbit. Still didn't know about him, I guess. Cute, though. :) (I really like bunnies!)

Just watched last night's episode of the 'second chance' deal. I liked the winner.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Man, I'm learning all kinds of stuff today. I didn't know about the Duracell rabbit and remember thinking what a hilarious answer, when she probably meant Eveready Bunny and just screwed it up royally.

So, I looked up the Duracell rabbit. Still didn't know about him, I guess. Cute, though. :) (I really like bunnies!)

Just watched last night's episode of the 'second chance' deal. I liked the winner.
I was about to post that there was one. I just remembered I forgot to do that, even after passing a bunch of Duracells in a store.

· Registered
1,922 Posts
Though one is made by the other. Seems like Eveready the company changed its name to Energizer but I'm not sure.
Energizer Holdings is the parent company who makes Energizer and Eveready batteries. They now also own Ray-O-Vac.

The Energizer Bunny dates back to 1988 in a commercial that was a parody of the Duracell bunny. The Duracell Bunny dates back to a 1973.

· Registered
1,591 Posts
Energizer Holdings is the parent company who makes Energizer and Eveready batteries. They now also own Ray-O-Vac.

The Energizer Bunny dates back to 1988 in a commercial that was a parody of the Duracell bunny. The Duracell Bunny dates back to a 1973.
Whoa. I completely forgot about the Duracell commercial, and that Energizer was specifically poking at them.
Had no idea there really was a Duracell Rabbit!

Reactions: wmcbrine

· oldweakandpathetic
17,925 Posts
I've been wondering the last couple nights what the story is with the "uniform" James is wearing. He's introduced as a naval aviator, and he's got a bunch of chest salad, but no insignia, rank, or other identifying stuff hanging off that blazer.

No-so-humble-brag? I would feel pretty silly walking around in that.

5581 - 5600 of 6053 Posts