TiVo Community Forum banner
5561 - 5580 of 5829 Posts

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I thought it was a lot of fun. It was far more relaxed than a regular Jeopardy! game, which was a fun change, and the contestants knew they were just there for fun and they made it really entertaining. Reggie doing his various voices, making fun of each other for stupid answers, etc. It was all just very refeshing.
I had to forget this was supposed to be a dignified show, and it surely wouldn't have been like that if they were regular people.

But someone commented that it was like SNL, and I have enjoyed those when they were shown in "best of" prime time specials and classic epiosdes condensed for prime time.
I would like to have seen the kerfuffle that entailed when Reggie answered Le Tour Eiffel and Mayim ruled him incorrect, and then he started to protest and suddenly it cut to her correcting herself and saying that he said the correct answer in French and it would be accepted. I'll bet it got heated there for a minute.
I didn't know what he said but I've often wondered how they protest a ruling.

·
Nice to see you
9,682 Posts
I really like what I've seen of Iliza's standup.

I also like Reggie Watts a lot (I've never seen him on James Corden's show, but I've seen him elsewhere), but I agree that "Jeopardy!" may not have been the best place for him to do some of his schtick.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
58,967 Posts
The two-day champion (as of Monday's show) seems to have a good breadth/depth of knowledge and the balls to bet big on DDs. Those are the kinds of players I like to watch. It will be interesting to see how far he can go.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I really like what I've seen of Iliza's standup.

I also like Reggie Watts a lot (I've never seen him on James Corden's show, but I've seen him elsewhere), but I agree that "Jeopardy!" may not have been the best place for him to do some of his schtick.
I know this is not how "SNL" works as it is supposed to be a place where new people get their start, but I'd like to see him there.

This is a comic strip from the "Blossom" era. Look closely at the wall posters in this 13-year-old girl's room. Luann Againn by Greg Evans for October 05, 2022 - GoComics

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
58,967 Posts
I know this is not how "SNL" works as it is supposed to be a place where new people get their start, but I'd like to see him there.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
He sure looked like he had been through an ordeal. Had he been wrong and the other guy right, it might have been over.

The other guy had this conceited (not quite the right word) style about him that I didn't care for. He's an ACTOR.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
The celebrity episode wasn't as bad, but Constance Wu, who really should have been in an episode with her "son", was the one to misbehave this week.

·
Premium Member
16,561 Posts
The celebrity episode wasn't as bad, but Constance Wu, who really should have been in an episode with her "son", was the one to misbehave this week.
Yeah, while I like her as an actor, I found her to be mildly annoying on Celeb Jeopardy the other day. I've been seeing her all over the place of late, as I think she's in a new movie. I really liked Crazy Rich Asians and have seen that 2 or 3 times (on tv).

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
58,967 Posts
Yeah, while I like her as an actor, I found her to be mildly annoying on Celeb Jeopardy the other day. I've been seeing her all over the place of late, as I think she's in a new movie. I really liked Crazy Rich Asians and have seen that 2 or 3 times (on tv).
She's in a new movie (Lyle Lyle Crocodile) and she also just released a new book (Making a Scene).

She was kind of annoying on Celeb J! She was doing the kind of running commentary you would do while watching at home without realizing that she was mic'd and it was interrupting the reading of the next answer. Ike Barinholtz was really good. I was impressed with him.

Meanwhile, Chris Pannullo is racking up the money and has only had one game so far that wasn't a runaway.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I haven't seen it but I'd like to. It was nice not seeing her uptight and demanding.

5561 - 5580 of 5829 Posts