TiVo Community Forum banner
5521 - 5540 of 5855 Posts

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Was it deleted after recording? If so it would have been in deleted items. If not then gremlins are canceling your recordings.
I've had gremlins cancel a lot of my recordings on the Roamio. But I don't use that one since someone told me that if the fan quit working, so will the Roamio eventually. And the cable guy hooked up my Edge in such a way I can't disconnect it. So, the Roamio only has old recordings.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Yes, Ken is religious - he's a Mormon I believe. And tithed his winnings.

But the bible comment was because the contestants were doing very poorly on it - I think in the end only 1 clue was answered correctly. Usually religion categories do better.

It's just like the sports categories - they traditionally don't do very well, but sometimes you do get contestants who manage to do well and usually deserves a comment since it's a category contestants traditionally do very poorly on.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Well, Celebrity Jeopardy was certainly interesting.

Though, I have to admit, given it has a Triple Jeopardy, I really miss Single Jeopardy. It's just so appropriate for it.

And I guess I never knew the separator panels that raise up for Final Jeopardy were motorized - I just figured it got raised and lowered manually over the break, but apparently you can see them going down while they were talking about it.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Probably not the right place for a discussion about this, but what did the cable guy do that you can't disconnect it?

(That seems odd. Sounds like you should have your cable company come and install whatever they installed correctly.)
I suppose there is a tool I can use to remove the connection, but I can't do it manually.

On my Edge with the list of shows I recorded, there is the nicest photo of Mayim. Now if she could only wear those glasses every night.

Have celebrities ever behaved like these people?

There was no way Andy Richter was going to lose. And now not even wild cards!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
What she said. Plus, at least in my market, the celeb version is on Sunday night. The regular Jeopardy, at least out here in the west, has always aired on ABC (same channel as celeb) on weekday evenings at 7:00.

I watched the new celeb one this morning and enjoyed it. I do REALLY like Mayim, though, so it was nice to see her hosting again. I don't dislike Ken. I just find him kind of 'meh', but Mayim is also very intelligent AND always makes me smile. I set up a Pass for this version too.

·
Premium Member
10,940 Posts
It's a separate prime time show, so you'll need a season pass.
What she said. Plus, at least in my market, the celeb version is on Sunday night. The regular Jeopardy, at least out here in the west, has always aired on ABC (same channel as celeb) on weekday evenings at 7:00.
Thanks, found it now. (Tivo brought up no hits in search, I had to flip the guide backwards a day.)

Skimmed the contestant list, no Snoop Dogg? He's fun wherever he goes... ;)

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Thanks, found it now. (Tivo brought up no hits in search, I had to flip the guide backwards a day.)

Skimmed the contestant list, no Snoop Dogg? He's fun wherever he goes... ;)
I love that you can go back, even though it's only a couple of days. So often, I miss something or other and instead of going to 'search' and punching in the letters (which takes a bit), I just go back, find the recent airing of the show/movie, click on it, and go to 'explore show' to see more airings.

I really like Snoop Dogg! He's fun and has seemed like a nice guy and a good family man. I really got to enjoy him when he was doing the show with Martha Stewart (of whom I really wasn't a big fan until after she got out of the big house). I like them together.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
The celebrity version was obviously taped very recently. I saw the Queen Elizabeth category and thought they'd have to state when this was taped and the very first clue was about her death.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The celebrity version was obviously taped very recently. I saw the Queen Elizabeth category and thought they'd have to state when this was taped and the very first clue was about her death.
Yeah, I was actually surprised by that. I just figured that it was probably taped some time in the last few months, until seeing that first clue.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Plus she injects some levity into an otherwise serious show. Kinda makes her a great choice for Celeb Jeopardy since it's a much less serious show. Heck, during that first episode there was a part where the heckling happened during the clue and you could barely hear the buzzer saying time was up for the clue.

I think having a mix of both Ken and Mayim is good for the show - just when you tire of Ken, throw in Mayim to freshen it up, and switch around every couple of months.

5521 - 5540 of 5855 Posts