TiVo Community Forum banner
5501 - 5520 of 5846 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,371 Posts
Unlike earlier in the week, when the wrong number was written down, today was just fearful wagering. Is it strategic to plan ahead on a category you may be weak in, and think others may be as well?

I could never live with myself making a wager like that.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
4,940 Posts
Triple-stumper on Thursday was my undergrad alma mater... of course I knew immediately and laughed: I was blowing raspberries when no one came close but I wasn't too shocked I guess. They needed a tech geek on the panel :)

·
My One Time
17,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,505 ·
Triple-stumper on Thursday was my undergrad alma mater... of course I knew immediately and laughed: I was blowing raspberries when no one came close but I wasn't too shocked I guess. They needed a tech geek on the panel :)
Was that the Carnegie Mellon one?
My son went there and I didn't get it. I asked him and of course he got it right away. I had no idea that Carnegie was Scottish.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
4,940 Posts
Yes, CMU. I dissed a big part the university in my comment: they needed a tech geek or a drama geek on the panel! CMU arts graduates are extremely impressive (hard to believe Billy Porter isn't higher on that list...) But, I guess knowing CMU exists doesn't necessarily lead to knowing it was the answer to the question.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,371 Posts
Why the heck did that guy wager $2K on the final clue of the board, the DD? It moved him from first to last. Either wager a small amount to retain your lead, or go big for a lockout.

He was the only one to get FJ, so it didn't matter ultimately. Yet still... 🥟

·
Registered
25,602 Posts
I admit I didn't read the whole reddit thread, but the part I did and the scratch paper image.. I still don't quite get what she did.. Did she just happen to 'star' the wrong # and then absent mindedly write that in? Because the wager was like an order of magnitude too small..

the other time recently (IIRC) where someone bet a DOLLAR too low was mysterious....

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,371 Posts
I admit I didn't read the whole reddit thread, but the part I did and the scratch paper image.. I still don't quite get what she did.. Did she just happen to 'star' the wrong # and then absent mindedly write that in? Because the wager was like an order of magnitude too small..

the other time recently (IIRC) where someone bet a DOLLAR too low was mysterious....
I think she did the math to calculate the winning bid, then wrote down one of the numbers used in the calc, instead of the winning bid.

On the dollar one, the person calculated how much to wager assuming the person in 2nd bet it all, then forgot to add the dollar to it.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
The current winner is decent, at least he's able to bounce properly. Far too many contestants bounce without the skills to properly do it and it just ends up giving someone else the clue or the clue gets wasted because no one can figure out the category and you just revealed the $1000/2000 clue, wasting the money.

At least bouncing properly he's still getting the answers. Amazing how people who do it properly are far less frustrating to watch.

·
Premium Member
16,571 Posts
Damn! I went looking for last night's episode in My Shows and nothing. So I checked 'history' and it said the recording was deleted. Uh, no it wasn't. I'm the only one who uses this tv/Tivo and I had less than 20% capacity in My Shows.

Anyway, I hope I didn't miss much.

·
oldweakandpathetic
17,913 Posts
Damn! I went looking for last night's episode in My Shows and nothing. So I checked 'history' and it said the recording was deleted. Uh, no it wasn't. I'm the only one who uses this tv/Tivo and I had less than 20% capacity in My Shows.

As someone who cut the cord a couple years ago and now depends on YouTubeTV's DVR, count yourself lucky despite that setback. TiVo was the best and we miss it so, so, so much. :(

·
It's Just TV
27,229 Posts

Was it deleted after recording? If so it would have been in deleted items. If not then gremlins are canceling your recordings.

·
Premium Member
16,571 Posts
Was it deleted after recording? If so it would have been in deleted items. If not then gremlins are canceling your recordings.
Nah. I kinda said that wrong. It was cancelled from the 'to do' list. It seems like, lately and even though I keep My Shows pretty trim (as well as the 'deleted' folder), sometimes shows get cancelled from the 'to do' list because (my guess) between what little I have already recorded and all the shows coming up, which have increased a fair amount since new seasons have begun, it sometimes cuts out something in the near future instead of going from the outside in. Maybe that didn't make sense, either. o_O

·
Premium Member
16,571 Posts
As someone who cut the cord a couple years ago and now depends on YouTubeTV's DVR, count yourself lucky despite that setback. TiVo was the best and we miss it so, so, so much. :(
Yeah, if Spectrum goes on ahead and stops cablecards/TAs from working I'm going to be extremely upset. I literally have to try and not even think about it because the possibility of that upsets me so much. I keep getting letters and emails telling me to forego Tivo and get their (Spectrum's) equipment in its stead. I will avoid that as long as possible. I like Spectrum (formerly Charter) just fine, but I also love having Tivos.

But, I talked to somebody in their actual cablecard department and was told that they wouldn't stop working so I hope he was right.

·
I'm back!
36,136 Posts

Search YouTube for Jeopardy. I caught Thursday's show (which didn't record locally for some reason) and Friday's (we went out last night but someone had posted a noon broadcast so we caught it early).
They're bootleg postings so they won't stay up long.

5501 - 5520 of 5846 Posts