TiVo Community Forum banner
5461 - 5480 of 5853 Posts

·
I'm back!
36,149 Posts
Spoilered due to tournament contestant news.

Sadie Goldberger (of the HARRIET TUBMA FJ loss) has been invited to the second chance tournament.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts

·
Registered
25,603 Posts
"Password" had a contestant who was so good they called him the Ken Jennings of that show. Of course, there, they don't get to come back.
yeah, was thinking other game shows should have people come back.. though conversely, it is weird seeing Fallon on every episode.. yeah I know he does the shows on his TS and is involved with the show (exec producer probably).

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yeah, I think Fallon is an executive producer on it.
Though he didn't perform every time with Lip Sync Battle.
I actually wish he wasn't on every time though. I think he's too good, and just gets more and more practice.
(that strikes me with the games on the Tonight Show as well, like the box of lies game.)
I'd rather see more/different celebs.

·
It's Just TV
27,231 Posts
A reminder that the new season of Jeopardy! starts this Monday, Sept 12.
With Ken Jennings hosting until the new year or close to same. Yay!

·
Registered
25,603 Posts
Still am way behind (though when I finally get to the batch of rerun eps, I may just nuke them since I probably have seen those).. but I'm at about the end of July eps now IIRC..

anyway, maybe this was discussed previously in the thread.

It's kind of funny that Ken is a very conservative guy, yet he said what I think was the first even mildly risqué thing on Jeopardy (I know we've talked about it before in this thread).. Though I now put it at #2 in the list, though ironically I don't even remember which thing said was "dirtier", I just (partially) remember Ken's answer and question (and the other contestant's comment that they would have said the same thing)..

Then in one of the eps near where I'm at now, Ken made the first even vaguely political comment I can remember anybody saying. Though I don't remember the exact thing he said. I think it was a Russia/Ukraine related question, and afterwards, Ken said "correct" or something like that then made some other comment, as if someone had called a war peaceful or something.
Does anybody remember what I'm referring to/what he said?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
It's kind of funny that Ken is a very conservative guy, yet he said what I think was the first even mildly risqué thing on Jeopardy (I know we've talked about it before in this thread).. Though I now put it at #2 in the list, though ironically I don't even remember which thing said was "dirtier", I just (partially) remember Ken's answer and question (and the other contestant's comment that they would have said the same thing)..
I remember one "best of" episode where there was so much naughty content they should have changed the rating to TV-PG. So I'm not sure that's true.

·
Registered
25,603 Posts
BTW, before I posted my previous message, I was actually ONE away from the start of rerun episodes.. heh. One of the reruns actually happened to be a Feb episode I missed most of, due to Ukraine invasion news break in.. and if the 4AM reruns locally continue, in a month or so, another this year episode that was played partially out of order, then they jumped to a bunch of commercials, so I missed a big section of it will be rerun.. if the 4am reruns actually continue on in order unimpeded.

But most of them I just skimmed the very beginning and then nuked. (recognized many of the returning champs)

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Nice to see the studio audience back in place. Didn't see Johnny, so I'm assuming he's still doing his voiceovers from home. Also nice to hear Ken introduced as "host" instead of "hosting".
Ken actually mentioned that during the introduction as well - he was happy to be finally introduced as being the host.

And I would be surprised if Johnny actually worked in the studio - I'm sure if the had to do the hours required at the frequency required he'd drop dead pretty quick. At least doing it at home he can do the announcements at his own pace. The guy is in his 90s after all and was supposed to retire at the end of season 37 before Alex's untimely death.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Ken actually mentioned that during the introduction as well - he was happy to be finally introduced as being the host.

And I would be surprised if Johnny actually worked in the studio - I'm sure if the had to do the hours required at the frequency required he'd drop dead pretty quick. At least doing it at home he can do the announcements at his own pace. The guy is in his 90s after all and was supposed to retire at the end of season 37 before Alex's untimely death.
If I recall correctly, before covid Johnny wasn't coming in until after lunch. He'd do the two afternoon episodes live, and dub the morning ones. Covid changed that, of course. I'd be surprised too, if he returned to the studio on a regular basis, but thought he might have made an appearance for the premier. I don't know what the covid situation was like in LA when they began the season, though.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

I have to think this is the perfect job for someone in their 90's. It gives him some purpose, but at the same time he can do it on his own schedule. If he is having a bad day or even week, they can catch up at another time when he feels better with very limited if any impact to the final product.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,388 Posts
SPOILERS people....

Good game today, very close.

I'll save you the trouble @Regina... play for the win!

What's odd is she seemed like a strong player, risking a lot on a DD, hunting for the DD, really getting into the game. So why the heck do you wager to cover a loss?

Edit: Turns out there is a story behind her wagering, see this post for more info.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Jeopardy/comments/xddu18/_/ioabsqr

5461 - 5480 of 5853 Posts