5441 - 5456 of 5456 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
Report from someone who attended the first taping of the new season:

·
Registered
26,307 Posts
Are they just doing random reruns for a few weeks? I'm still like a month behind (I think I'm almost at the end of June(*)), but manually recorded the 7pm episodes this week, which seem like random episodes jumping around.. I don't do new & reruns, since that would pick up a to of reruns I DON'T want to record. But in checking the To Do list (which I do sporadically), I did notice the lack of 7pm recordings so just manually set them to record.

(*) In recent months, my local station has added 4AM reruns of like 5 weeks before.. e.g. today's 4AM rerun is 6/23/2022.. and I used that to get one ep I missed.. then after whichever recent-ish episode I got, I have binge watched a bunch of eps a couple of times to get 'up' to late June (after that 6/23 ep I know).. hopefully the ones newer than that weren't preempted by other shows/news.. if they were, then I'll have another gap to wait for it to catch up so I can watch everything in order. They still annoyingly preempt almost all of World News Now nowadays though, for reruns of Ryan & Kelly.. sigh. really, I'd pay a SMALL amount, like maybe a dime, to watch specific eps I missed.. and let me see the first ~5 minutes or whatever to make sure it's the one I think it is (e.g. sometimes I know the champion's amount starting the ep(s) I missed.)

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
Report from someone who attended the first taping of the new season:

More comments...

Ken did in fact take audience questions today.

Perhaps because of Covid protocols or perhaps they are not quite at prior levels of efficiency, the tape day ran about an hour later than in the past. We left the studio a little after 5:30.
Many audience conveniences are gone because of Covid. There is no water cooler for the audience members. No raffle tickets or other giveaways. No postcard with the tape dates that you can take home as a souvenir. Masks must be worn at all times in the studio, even when taking photos in the Hall of Fame area. They want everyone to wear the same color mask for the audience shot, so they gave generic black KN95 masks to everyone. Not Jeopardy! branded. Missed opportunity.

Jimmy confirmed that they will be taping Celebrity Jeopardy on Sunday, Sept 11 with Mayim Bialik hosting.

Someone asked about the ToC. Jimmy told us that the producers have not yet decided whether they will allow a public audience for it. They don't want any spoilers to get out given the anticipated interest for this event.

I have been to tapings often enough that one of the pages recognized me and I recognized him. I asked what he had been doing the last couple of years. Jeopardy/Sony let the pages go. He had been "working fast food." The staff is mighty glad to have a real audience back in the studio.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I was scrolling though shows on my Edge and with each show there is a photo which is kind of hard to see. I saw this pretty girl and then noticed the show I was on was the "Jeopardy College Championship". Mayim is attractive but when I saw her in this way she was actually pretty, and obviously she had the right kind of glasses.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure they'd really be missed. They already have guests doing clues - like local ABC affiliates doing clues in a particular city, to clues being read out by a guest celebrity and other things.

I'm sure if you weren't told, you wouldn't notice the difference.

·
Registered
26,307 Posts
yeah, I still watch all the way until the commercial starts in case there's an extra bit there (like a clue crew bit)..

The Asian woman who used to be one of the Clue Crew was on some other game show recently.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Amy Schneider was on the wrong side of the stage last night. It was tempting to watch but I don't have the time.

5441 - 5456 of 5456 Posts