TiVo Community Forum banner
5401 - 5420 of 5456 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
The article isn't 100% clear:

The two-year Jeopardy! hosting saga has reached its conclusion: Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik will both continue to serve as co-hosts of the iconic game show, TVLine has confirmed.

Co-hosts of the everyday Jeopardy? Split 50-50? Or co-hosts he gets daytime, she gets specials? I need to see more details.

Up until now, I've been watching regardless of who's the host. If she becomes a full-time co-host, I'll quit watching when it's her turn. She drives me nuts, and it's not that important to me.

·
It's Just TV
27,011 Posts
I continue to hope that they minimize usage of Mayim Bialik on the regular show. If they put her on the specials and such, no problem. Her on the regular show just drives me crazy as she just wrecks the flow of the game far too often.

Reactions: Mr Tony

·
Premium Member
58,033 Posts
I have to go back and check my TiVo to see what he says for Mayim (and if I have those still saved). I think he called her "the host of Jeopardy" but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Last year when they announced Mayim as host for prime time specials, they started saying "the host of Jeopardy" for her, while Ken who was filling in as they searched for a permanent daily Jeopardy host got hosting. When next season starts we will see if they change this.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
I wonder if Sony is just waiting until Mayim is no longer committed to her sitcom before making her the full-time permanent host. When I saw Kall Me Kat was renewed again, I had hoped this meant she'd be out of the running for the permanent host, but Sony is really bending over backward to accommodate her.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I wonder if Sony is just waiting until Mayim is no longer committed to her sitcom before making her the full-time permanent host. When I saw Kall Me Kat was renewed again, I had hoped this meant she'd be out of the running for the permanent host, but Sony is really bending over backward to accommodate her.
I suspect it's also because they couldn't find a suitable full time host. Remember Ken isn't able to do it full time either as he has his own thing going. So if Sony is going to accommodate one host because of her other commitment, I'm sure they're letting Ken do the same as well.

Mike was the producer back during the original announcement and was supposed to be full time host with Mayim doing specials which was fine as Mike was already full time, and Mayim had outside commitments. But we know what happened there. It seems the latest press release implies both will share the hosting duties. I doubt Mayim will do specials only and Ken the main role as neither is able to do it full time. It will probably remain like this with both of them hosting the specials depending on availability. Both have outside commitments but there seems to be reasonable coverage should either take on something else.

I'm guessing the main point is, well, deal with it. Ken can't host full time, like Mayim can't either, and since this season basically worked itself out just fine, it seems silly to change it up. And I'm sure neither is willing to commit full time either.

I am so glad Alexa lost tonight. i was initially rooting for her as I'm a sucker for female Electrical Engineers, but with the way my Echo kept trying to respond every time Ken called on her, I am glad she's gone.
I think this may be the most frivolous reason to hate on a contestant ever... that they activate their home spying device. Maybe a few more of those Burger King whopper commercials need to happen.

·
Nice to see you
12,090 Posts
Here's the official word from Michael Davies -- Ken and Mayim will both be hosting the regular syndicated show, but they'll each be doing it for longer stretches rather than switching off every couple of weeks (in fact, Ken will be hosting from the start of the season all the way through December).

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
I suspect it's also because they couldn't find a suitable full time host. Remember Ken isn't able to do it full time either as he has his own thing going. So if Sony is going to accommodate one host because of her other commitment, I'm sure they're letting Ken do the same as well.

Mike was the producer back during the original announcement and was supposed to be full time host with Mayim doing specials which was fine as Mike was already full time, and Mayim had outside commitments. But we know what happened there. It seems the latest press release implies both will share the hosting duties. I doubt Mayim will do specials only and Ken the main role as neither is able to do it full time. It will probably remain like this with both of them hosting the specials depending on availability. Both have outside commitments but there seems to be reasonable coverage should either take on something else.

I'm guessing the main point is, well, deal with it. Ken can't host full time, like Mayim can't either, and since this season basically worked itself out just fine, it seems silly to change it up. And I'm sure neither is willing to commit full time either.
What is this other gig that Ken supposedly has that's preventing him from doing Jeopardy! full time? He's no longer one of the Chasers on The Chase, if that's what you're referring to. And the J! taping is only a couple days every other week, so it would be fairly easy to work around if someone wanted to do so.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
What is this other gig that Ken supposedly has that's preventing him from doing Jeopardy! full time? He's no longer one of the Chasers on The Chase, if that's what you're referring to. And the J! taping is only a couple days every other week, so it would be fairly easy to work around if someone wanted to do so.
For the regular season it's 230 episodes annually, so at 2 days of 5 shows per week, they do 23 weeks of taping.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
For the regular season it's 230 episodes annually, so at 2 days of 5 shows per week, they do 23 weeks of taping.
Yes, like I said, it's two days of taping, every other week. So it's 2 work days out of every 10 work days. And then several weeks off in the summer and likely in December as well. Basically, there's no other gig that Ken Jennings has that would prevent him from becoming the full-time host of J!. If he has another "job," he would definitely quit it to become the full-time host. But since he's no longer on The Chase, the only "job" that I know of that he has is working as a consulting producer for J!, which would surely not prevent him from taking the host duties.

• Helpful
Reactions: astrohip
5401 - 5420 of 5456 Posts