TiVo Community Forum banner
5321 - 5340 of 5543 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,876 Posts
What was that FJ wager today?

Steve Clarke: 20000-1=19999 (2x = $38,400)
Tehmeena Malik: 3200-3200=0
Ben Coller: 10000+3000=13000

If you have exactly half of the leader's total, doesn't every wagering guideline known to man say bet it all? The leader will wager either $1 or $0. So you have to wager 100% to have a chance. Unless you are playing for 2nd place.

And he would be the champ with that wager. Instead he winds up one and done.💩

·
Mostly lurking
2,147 Posts
What was that FJ wager today?
I completely agree. I also didn't understand his DD bet of $5000. Why didn't he bet $5001 to guarantee the win at that point? If he got the DD wrong, it didn't make much difference if it he lost $5000 or $5001.

And I was flabbergasted that peroxide was ruled wrong when they were looking for hydrogen peroxide. I would have expected "be more specific" rather than just wrong.

This game is getting more and more baffling.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,876 Posts
If he bet $5001 and missed, he would be in 2nd place. I'm not sure what the wagering gods recommend, but his wager, while seemingly odd, made the most sense to me.

I also was surprised "peroxide" wasn't accepted, or at least a BMS. I can't recall ever hearing the word "peroxide" without it being part of Hydrogen Peroxide. But IANAC.

·
Mostly lurking
2,147 Posts
If he bet $5001 and missed, he would be in 2nd place. I'm not sure what the wagering gods recommend, but his wager, while seemingly odd, made the most sense to me.
You're 100% correct It seemed odd to me, and when I went back to think about it, my brain mis-remembered how much money he had at the time. Thanks for straightening me out.

I also was surprised "peroxide" wasn't accepted, or at least a BMS. I can't recall ever hearing the word "peroxide" without it being part of Hydrogen Peroxide. But IANAC.
This got me googling and I found there are a bunch of peroxides -- sodium peroxide, magnesium peroxide, and potassium peroxide. It also reminded me why I never liked chemistry.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Ultimately, Lake Superior is the source for Niagara Falls.

I knew K5 wasn't the Himalayas but some mountain range I can never remember starting with K. K-2 is in that range and I think it's second to Everest.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,876 Posts
Very subtle political dig today. I don't think that happens often (ever?).

The answer to a clue was used as part of another clue. I found that odd. It turned out the order they were chosen kept it from being an issue, but had it been the other way, it could have made a difference.

Very surprised they accepted "Adams". If ever a BMS was called for.

Tomorrow is Mayim's last day as host of Jeopardy. Excepting specials or tourneys or whatever else they might use her for in the future. She's been a good, decent host, but just not what the show needs.

5321 - 5340 of 5543 Posts