TiVo Community Forum banner
5281 - 5300 of 5561 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I checked a couple of old episodes I could find online and it doesn't look like there's a clothing sponsor for either Ken or Mayim.

I'm sure her fashion restrictions could be a problem on some shows (even BBT and Call Me Kat), but it's hard to believe that Jeopardy would be one of them. Even the other women who guest hosted dressed about the same as Mayim has been.

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,197 Posts
I was stunned that they accepted 'Bush' as an answer without asking for the contestant to be more specific. Also ruling a contestant wrong too quickly when she usually takes too long to rule on an answer.

These are just two of the reasons I don't like her hosting style.

As for wardrobe, I don't really care about that as I FF her bits anyway. From what I've seen, she always dresses 'business professional'.

Reactions: Martha

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,911 Posts
I was stunned that they accepted 'Bush' as an answer without asking for the contestant to be more specific.
Same here. I even blurted out "BMS" when she answered, only to be stunned, flabbergasted and dumbfounded when it was accepted. I wonder if she did that on her own, and the judges might have ruled differently had they had a chance.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I was surprised they accepted Guyana the other night as a correct spelling or at least an acceptable spelling for French Guiana. I've never seen anything other than the former British colony spelled that way.

On a related note, they should probably be more lenient with celebrities. I saw a celebrity version of "Name That Tune" and while Jamie Foxx insists on "exact song title" on "Beat Shazam", and I think they normally do that on the other show, any title seemed to be okay as long as it had some of the words in the long version of the title with parentheses. However, merely saying lyrics that are not in any version of the title was not good enough.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,911 Posts
Did anybody notice that one of the contestants didn't say "what is" in round 2 and Mayim didn't say anything? At least I didn't hear him say it.....
He said it, very quietly. But it was detectable. He also had one today where you could barely hear it.

C'mon, bottom row clue, lions appeared in what ancient Roman structure. Might as well watch Generation Gap.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
He said it, very quietly. But it was detectable. He also had one today where you could barely hear it.
I often think I haven't heard the question.

The good news is that if the response is supposed to be a question just saying the question itself is all that is needed.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,376 Posts
They had the "Which New York City Borough?" category and the first four answers were Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and then the fifth question was a triple stumper. WTF?!?

Another annoying thing with Mayim:

The Clue: "This Civil War Battle . . ."
The Contestant: "What is Gettysburg?"
Mayim: "Yes, the BATTLE of Gettysburg."

The Clue: ". . . on this road where cars are serviced."
The Contestant: "What is the pit?"
Mayim: "Yes, the pit ROAD."

The Clue: "This strait narrows . . ."
The Contestant: "What is Gibraltar?"
Mayim: "Yes, the STRAIT of Gibraltar."

5281 - 5300 of 5561 Posts