TiVo Community Forum banner
5241 - 5260 of 5548 Posts

·
Ex-Smoker
7,599 Posts
The Allman Brothers were the only "Southern" band I could initially think of that could realistically be the answer, but the category wasn't "Southern Rock", like Skynryd et al. Finally, when the 2nd place person's response was being revealed, when I knew none of them were going to get it, I hit me what the answer was. Bad clue. If I had not bought the album when it came out, I never would have gotten it.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,216 Posts
I didn't get it through the album at all, even though I love Tom Petty: I was trying to think of famous things an Admiral might say and that's the only one that came to mind. I was pretty unsure about it though because I was wondering if they even had torpedoes in the Civil War :).

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I just remembered something. I think it was Mayim who said a contestant had a Ph.D. in jurisprudence. I never heard that, but most law schools now give the degree Juris Doctor.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,361 Posts
I just remembered something. I think it was Mayim who said a contestant had a Ph.D. in jurisprudence. I never heard that, but most law schools now give the degree Juris Doctor.
A law degree is a Juris Doctor (JD). A Ph.D. in jurisprudence is something different. Since it was Megan Wachspress who she said that about, and since she was from Berkeley, California, I'm guessing this is the program she got her degree in:

·
Registered
3,677 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,490 Posts
For some reason last night didn't record. I could have sworn that when I looked at the guide yesterday there was no episode even showing. Then, just now, I looked back to last night and it DID show a new episode.

If there was, is it worth seeking out?

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,361 Posts
For some reason last night didn't record. I could have sworn that when I looked at the guide yesterday there was no episode even showing. Then, just now, I looked back to last night and it DID show a new episode.

If there was, is it worth seeking out?
The actual game play was decent, not great. However, the final scores after Double Jeopardy! were $11,000, $10,800, and $10,600. The FJ category was "Poets Corner in Westminster Abbey" so that led to some defensive betting.

Here's the box score:

Edit: Looking at that box score, it's kind of crazy that the eventual winner was only able to buzz in twice in the Jeopardy! round and ended that round with just $800.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,896 Posts
Thursday's game...

* Want to see how the temporary host's pauses are throwing off the contestants? Look no further than the very first clue today. There was only one answer acceptable, it was given, and the pause was so long, the contestant looked away from the board to see what was going on. Then did an eye shrug trying to figure out what the heck that was about.

* Her incessant "You now have the lead" actually interrupted a contestant as they were starting to ask for the next clue. Just stop.

* I was amazed that FJ was a triple stumper. I was doubly amazed that two of the contestants gave the same answer, which was only off by, I don't know, maybe 300 years? 😬 I was triply amazed that poor wagering cost one of them the win.

·
Premium Member
16,490 Posts
So much annoying stuff of late on the show.

I'm still on Team Mayim, though, and hope she stays on. I've seen talk on boards that I would not rely on for factual info, that they are still looking for a host (?). I thought all this was already worked out.

5241 - 5260 of 5548 Posts