TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I think the clue was poorly worded. The contestant was asked for a pair and gave one. Mayim gave the impression Tweedledee was all that was required. Then she reversed herself saying that too much information was given. What was the contestant supposed to do? A pair was what she was told to say. A pair of what?
I think it was the other way around - wanted a single, and she answered with both of them.
he answer said this one fits the category. So the correct question was "Who is Tweedledee", but she gave extra information ("and Tweedledum").
Answer was accepted prematurely.
I believe the category was for 2 sets of "ee". (Double Double E, or something like that)
I was actually surprised the answer was accepted the first time.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I didn't get the "Baby, Don't Hurt Me" category. Seemed forced to have the answer just alongside a comment with the word baby.

Reactions: DevdogAZ

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I could swear that a while back, I heard a host (I thought it was Mayim) once responded to an answer, "More specific" and the contestant did get more specific before time ran out.

In the past month, there have been times when I thought that would have been appropriate(like the Adams answer discussed earlier).
Am I imagining that I heard that? I don't think it necessarily applied to a name, but maybe?
How would that work? Like from the discussion here, it sounds like there's a lot of communication that needs to happen with the judges, unless the host is making that call like a judge.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised. I thought unless you're extra super unconfident about the category, first place should always assume second place will bet it all.
Or am I missing something?
It looked like both 1st place and 2nd place were just thinking about 3rd place betting it all?
Should 2nd and 3rd place always bet $1 short of everything?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Yeah, I think Fallon is an executive producer on it.
Though he didn't perform every time with Lip Sync Battle.
I actually wish he wasn't on every time though. I think he's too good, and just gets more and more practice.
(that strikes me with the games on the Tonight Show as well, like the box of lies game.)
I'd rather see more/different celebs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts