TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,692 Posts
Overall, it made the whole process of creating and displaying the clues much easier than on the original show, where they had to have each clue printed on a card, loaded into the board, and then manually pulled by stagehands while the show was being taped.
I like how Alex still refers to the process of "setting up the board" for Double Jeopardy as if they were doing that, instead of flipping a switch.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,692 Posts
That reminds me, it really bugged me when some of the other guest hosts would say runaway, or that someone couldn't be caught. We've seen plenty of stupid wagering on this show, so nothing is ever a foregone conclusion.
Yeah but Alex said that stuff all the time.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,692 Posts
... when I watched Jeopardy! a bit later than usual tonight... the 30 seconds of Final Jeopardy! are skippable with SkipMode.
I figured that was just an error. Half the time, the show doesn't get skip-flagged at all. Half of the rest of the time, they decide to leave in the final Geico ad (that looks like part of the show). Etc.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,692 Posts
In a phone interview on Monday, Amodio said his final episode was taped in mid-September, when he showed up to set after a break of a couple of weeks. (The show films a week's worth of episodes in one production day.) On his previous trip to the set, he reeled off 15 victories over three days, many of them decisive "runaways" in which he could not be caught entering Final Jeopardy! But this time he found he couldn't settle back into the groove of filming yet, and he was still feeling a bit "disheveled" that early in the day.

"I got off to an early good start, but Double Jeopardy! went terribly for me. I was pretty soundly defeated," Amodio said. "It was weird because in previous games, there were stretches where I lost the timing of the buzzer, but it was early enough in the games where the dollar values weren't so high that I could recover later. … It had never been that long a stretch during a crucial point of time in the game."

-- https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2021/10/11/jeopardy-matt-amodio-loses-interview/

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,692 Posts
Article about Amy Schneider from today's L.A. Times, in which the big news is that she says if they asked her to take a turn hosting, she'd consider it.
This is totally how they should choose new hosts from now on. Ken is hosting because he's the all-time champion... beat his record, and you become the new host, until someone beats you.

·
Well-Known Mumbler
11,692 Posts
"Doctor Dracula"?

Slightly harder than the modern game, what with (sometimes) having to actually construct a question, instead of just prepending "What is". But, not really as hard as I'd heard that the old version of the show was. I'd say that constructing the questions is most similar to the modern categories where you have to join two phrases into a coherent whole; maybe not quite as hard as that. And of course, there was a lot of pop culture that was before my time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts