TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
I don't think Alex made him look like a fool.. I think Alex saw the kid knew the correct answer but it was misspelled.

If Alex was the the single judge of the show I could perceive his tone and pause to be a little rude, however Alex is just a host and was wanting the judges (not shown) to make a ruling on the kids answer, and in that context Alex is not rude at all.
I had a bunch of shows saved on the DVR and I just watched this one-the kid was from Newtown, CT-if ANYONE deserves a break, it's a kid from that town! :eek::eek::eek: ...just sayin' :eek: It was clear that the kid knew the answer. I mean, jeez, the kid would have won the same amount of $$ either way, why not give him credit? FOR REAL!

I can't STAND Alex! He demeans women constantly-if a woman is up against two men, and loses, he will ALWAYS remark, "You were up against two tough, tough, fellows..." or something assinine to that effect. Dude, whatever! Shut the f**k up! No one cares what you have to say!

(Yes, I know-tell us how you really feel! :p )

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
LOL you guys-I have always gotten that wrong-piece-vs-peace in that context. But in 30 seconds with those often-malfunctioning white boards I can see someone making an "A" that looks like an "I" and Alex making a comment about it-the man just can't help himself!

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
Just watched Friday night's (9/27) show..
Dude on end had $9200
Chick in middle had $13,200
Champ had $12,500
Category for FJ was "European Capitals" so you know the question is going to be hard as F**K...
I was SCREAMING at the dude on the end not to risk ANYTHING!
Of course, he risked EVERYTHING!
All 3 got it wrong and chick in the middle won with $1,799..UGH!!!
HE COULD HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
Now Alex (and the judges..whatever!) penalized a contestant for (allegedly) mispronouncing "Elaine" - as in "Elaine" from Seinfeld:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/jeopardy-elaine-pronunciation-fail_n_4026498.html

He said, "Uh-laine" and they wanted him to say, "EEE-laine"-I remember my ex-MIL talking about her friend EEE-laine, but ex-MIL was from New York- not everyone is from the East Coast, and not everyone pronounces words the same....:rolleyes:

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
If you are in third place with way less money than the other two, who are going to be betting against each other, I think it's better to bet nothing in the event that everybody (or at least those other two) don't get it right and you might - I said might - wind up having the most money left in the end.

If everybody gets it, you wouldn't win anyway. So, yes it's a gamble but at least you have a chance.
AGREED! Especially if the category is something horrible like "Middle Eastern Geography" or "British Monarchs" or something that is going to be super difficult...IMHO!

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
So I was watching the Tournament of Champions "Decades" 1980's game last night and Chuck Forrest was on. My mother and I were discussing the game after it was over..she thought that Chuck was overly aggressive and super-pi$$ed off whenever anyone else got an answer correct, and/or whenever someone else chose the "Daily Double" clue...I don't know, he just seemed super intense, and maybe even a little nervous after all these years...
What did others think?

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
Yesterday was possibly the single worst 2nd place wager in the history of bad 2nd place wagers. It made Brazil's performance look good.
YEP-Stupid, stupid, stupid!

On another note-this has been floating around the interwebs-anyone know if it is true? I didn't see it-if this actually happened, I have a whole new respect for Alex!

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
I bet it's fake. "...deemed the most heartbreaking moment by most audience"???

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the clue writers on the show are slightly more literate than a phishing email author.
Yeah, I noticed that the clue was a little less than legit-looking, but you have to admit, it's pretty funny! :D:D

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
Yeah, it's funny. This one is even funnier, and legit... :D

I wonder if the judges went back and gave him credit for a correct answer, and if not, why not? It seems arguably correct to me.
Made me think of that-but the shot at the bottom of Alex troll-lol-ing made me almost do a spit-take! Hilarious! Even if it is fake!

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
I wasn't paying close attention to Tuesday's Kid's Week Final - the one where the Question was "Who is Queen Elizabeth?" - who won?

Was it the girl from Indianapolis (in the middle)?

Can anyone tell me, please? :)

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
I have no issue with someone in the negative being out for FJ...that is not my beef. But I think Alex is and always has been rude to the contestants.
He is so smug and arrogant. Especially to female contestants.
If a woman loses to two men, he will always say something like, "You were up against two really tough guys today..."
He NEVER says the opposite to a man who might have lost to a woman-or two women...
He drives me CRAZY!
I have taken the Jeopardy contestant quiz online...haven't been called-yet-I don't know if I could conceal my Alex hatred enough to be on the show....

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,481 Posts
OT, but has Penn Jillette lost weight? He looks so skinny-almost unhealthily so....:down::down:

He made a pretty impressive comeback in double jeopardy...he was in the negative after the jeopardy round and ended up winning...good for him! Although, boy, is he full of himself! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 183 Posts