TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Weirdly, my TiVo didn't record yesterday's episode. Maybe it was preempted locally for some reason? Or maybe my TiVo decided I didn't really want to watch that :p

I was going to watch one, just to see how bad it was.
Last week during Jeopardy my local CBS crawled a message about moving the Friday and Monday shows to a different station because of NCAA basketball, so I set up manual recordings. I'm imagine something similar will happen this week.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Finally saw it. That could have never happened in a real episode. I don't know if anyone ever argues like that, but we certainly haven't seen it.

It was kind of a letdown but then they used the same camera angles as if it were the show itself to show what happened during the break. I didn't see anything particularly impressive about Aaron. Laurie Metcalf always does well but sometimes she does well being a lunatic.

I'm curious to know where they got the other contestants. I assume they did all that on the regular set.
Not a real episode, but ....

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
It helps that I just watched it. In fact, I thought I remembered the date of the show Mayim hosted where there was a glitch. I record the show from two different stations just in case and if I had paid more attention while fast-forwarding, I would have seen something was missing. So I deleted my extra copy. I found a site with all the answers and questions but didn't see anything that didn't look familiar. What I really need is that site with the answers and questions in the order they appeared and I might figure it out.
is this what your looking for?

Last game with Mayim Bialik as guest host.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
By the way, if your Jeopardy! station is NBC, you may want to start checking for preemptions/rescheduling.
For me it's on CBS and my CBS station is very good about telling you if Jeopardy will be preempted or rescheduled. If they know in advance you get a message as a crawl (message at the bottom of the screen) on prior J! show telling you what's up. If it's a same day change, they also tell you with a crawl, but what are the odds you were watching at the time.

When they have prior knowledge, they usually play the show at normal time on a sister stations My38 (MyNetworkTV) as well as play it on the CBS station at some time around 2am.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I'm genuinely curious. There are a fair number of reputable people online (not just fanboys) who have liked him this week. I'm wondering what they see.

I thought he started getting better, and Friday was as close to tolerable as he had. And maybe given a second week, he might have become decent. But his first few days were a joke. Stumbles, timing, literally saying "wrong, no right!", etc. That's why I wonder what some people saw in him.

As an aside, I wouldn't be commenting on this so much if it wasn't for those fanboys. There were other guest hosts as bad or worse. But they didn't have legions of people saying "that's the anointed one!", so no one felt any need to speak up. But with so many saying LeVar is the Golden Child, it makes you look a little closer at his week.
I really wanted LeVar to do well, I find him a very likeable person, but to me he was just way too animated. Maybe it was nerves and he would get better over time, but if your asking me to rank the dozen+ people they have had guest host this year, he is in the bottom half.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Jeopardy is not prime time in all markets. We get it here at 11:30 am.

Think of it as "regular daily Jeopardy at whatever time it normally airs (prime time or not)", and "special events and special prime time showings such as tourneys and one-offs".

Mike PlasticSmile will handle the regular, and Mayim gets the specials.
I don't consider 7:30 prime time...time will tell what they mean by "primetime specials and spin-offs". The only example I have seen is that Mayim will host "Jeopardy! National College Championship". is this the annual college tournament, of something new????

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
That's kind of crazy. I'd have to think that if she really wanted the job, she could have bought out her contract on "Call me Kat." There's no way that show lasts much longer while if she had been named permanent host, it would have been worth several hundred million over the next decades.
Even if they only get one more season, for her to buy her way out of her contract, she would be putting dozens if not 100's of people out of work, so she could get a better job. Not a good look.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
1 - 19 of 98 Posts