TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 125 Posts

·
With an "L"
4,283 Posts
Not like I'm actually going to go search for it, but I think it'd be interesting to see entire shows of the original Jeopardy!
Don't have to put too much effort in.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1C5XNIggc[/media]

(that's a 1974 ep and, for me, the 2000th ep from 1972 is on the sidebar. There are others, but that's probably enough to tide you over.)

·
With an "L"
4,283 Posts
Producers would probably love a do-over in filling those three spots of the battle of the '80s. What a dreary game.

Anyone notice the frequent edits after Cordray wrong answers? Wonder what was happening there.

·
With an "L"
4,283 Posts
Huh. So Jeopardy was playing with a 1-in-45 chance that they wouldn't give away the million?

Seems to me like they should've given the spot to someone else. Wonder if they'd contacted Bruce Seymour (Super Jeopardy! winner from '90)?

·
With an "L"
4,283 Posts
I like Julia too. She's the most game winning woman of all time now. I don't know if she's highest grossing or not if you include Tournament winners.
Quick glance - looks like she's in 4th place in cash among women. Celeste DiNucci has $339,601, which includes $250K for winning the 2007 Tournament of Champions.

·
With an "L"
4,283 Posts
If a woman loses to two men, he will always say something like, "You were up against two really tough guys today..."
He NEVER says the opposite to a man who might have lost to a woman-or two women...
I truly can't remember the last time a losing contestant had this much of a on-air conversation with Alex after the fact.

·
With an "L"
4,283 Posts
Our Jeopardy! channel (13) used to move missed episodes down to 2 AM as well, but now if there's a scheduled pre-emption, they either move it to 13.3 at its usual time of 7:30 or, in some instances, move it up to 7, and bump Wheel down to 7:30 on 13.3. Unfortunately, the listings don't always explain this properly to the DVR.

(And in the case of severe weather, their coverage is on .1, .2 and .3 simultaneously, so ya get nothin'.)

1 - 19 of 125 Posts