TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
didn't get to see today's episode because my local affiliate must be having issues picking it up off the satellite (if they still do it that way...when I had a C-Band dish I could see syndicated shows days in advance) for showing so it was not shown.
Very bummed
Strangely, a couple of days this week my Jeopardy has come from places other than my ABC7 in LA. They came from western Massachusetts, Texas, and Montana. Weird to watch very different political ads. Last night I seemed to have ch 7 back. Of course who knows what time it will be on tonight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm starting to realize this. Last night I forgot and expected Johnny to announce "The host" not the "The guest host" and I'm starting to notice that Alex isn't there. That's a strange way to word it, but that's what it seems like. For the first two days I knew he wouldn't be, but after three days I've stopped thinking about what the new host will be like. No, that doesn't communicate what I'm trying to say either.
I just have to say that Ken is driving me nuts. He repeats every contestant's question in an all knowing manner. Then he keeps adding information. Alex wanted the show to be about the show, Ken makes it about him. We know he's smart, but he seems to have a need to prove it. I'm probably alone in this, but....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I will never forget him in Roots and that was a long time ago. The awful scene when they were beating him to make him say his slave name and he finally says Toby was heartbreaking. Can't wait to see him on Jeopardy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We used to be able to go to lots of tapings and one day I ran into one of the "losers" in the garage. I told her I had been rooting for her and was sorry she hadn't won. She said it was all right because the $1 or $2000 paid for her flight and she had had the time of her life fulfilling a life long dream. Don't know if this is a common feeling, but she was so happy to have finally been on Jeopardy. Can't wait until they have audiences again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have really enjoyed Mattea and will be sad to see her go. Who in the world would have known last night's final jeopardy except for someone from Georgia? I did recognize the name of the airport after they said it, but sure didn't know it. I think the contestant who didn't know Citizen Kane would have been much better going forward, but we'll never know. Look forward to TOC.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll take the over.

Judge Parker was one of the best-drawn comic strips ever, BTW. That was a long, long time ago; are there such things as comic strips anymore?

EDIT: Aging sucks; I was visualizing Rex Morgan, MD when I said "one of the best-drawn." They got those wonderfully cinematic black & whites on newsprint somehow
Ha ha. I used to love Judge Parker and Rex Morgan so long ago! Had forgotten completely about both. Our Jeopardy was preempted and never shown, so didn't see whoever won.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts