TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I hadn't watched Jeopardy in years, although I always enjoyed it. When I saw this thread, I decided to record a few episodes, since there's not much on right now. As someone mentioned, with FFing you can watch pretty quickly. I'm hooked for now, but the thing that amazes me is that it hasn't changed AT ALL in all these years. I love that. No trying to modernize it.
(I didn't read the first 50 pages of the thread--probably this was discussed before.)
Oh come now; it's completely different. The display board uses modern flat-screen technology instead of an array of CRT bottles, the prizes have been adjusted for inflation, and the host is now an old guy with grey hair.

And the biggest change of all, no more mustache!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Spoilers below for Thursday's Jeopardy... you've been warned!

Thursday's FJ:

In legend, he called all the animals together but only 12 came, including a rat & a dragon

Anyone get this? Rat & dragon, along with "12", immediately led me to the Chinese zodiac. Without a clue as to who in history developed the CZ, I guessed Confucius. Seemed an obvious choice.

It was a triple stumper, with Noah, Merlin, Confucius as the responses. The answer was Buddha.
My preference would be for spoilers to be within spoiler tags, if you think someone might want to avoid reading it. Just saying.

Helpful link to BB tag guide, which includes the SPOILER tag.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Completely off topic but since taxes were brought up, being an Illinois resident but earning the money in California, I assume he has to pay California taxes, but does he have to pay Illinois too?
I don't know the answer, but I would guess he would pay Illinois taxes only, since he is not a resident of California. (When I worked for a New York company I didn't have to pay NY taxes, only CA.)

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
My DW made the comment about Ken Jennings and how the woman who 'beat' him was defeated the very next day. I had to point out that she didn't actually beat him, he got FJ wrong nd beat himself - otherwise he'd probably still be on it (not really)!
Nancy Zerg got the answer right and Ken did not, she beat him fair and square. Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.

Ken often got FJ wrong, but usually either he had enough money so that it didn't matter or, everyone else got it wrong too. (Except for this time, of course.)

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
On the last episode of the season, Alex mentioned they'd be airing tournament repeats for 6 weeks. This is week 3, the first week of the teachers' tournament.

That would put new episodes beginning Sept 9th.
Since they usually "tape" about two months in advance, one would expect them to now be done with their summer break and back to "taping" episodes. I hope this is not a bad sign.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Triple Stumper question:

Is there a difference in terminology for a question that all three contestants ring in, but get wrong, versus one that no one rings in for?

[I'm asking because I don't know]
I don't know about official terminology, but in the first case Alex usually says "no harm, no foul". In the second case he mutters "idiots!" under his breath.

1 - 19 of 49 Posts