TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I hadn't watched Jeopardy in years, although I always enjoyed it. When I saw this thread, I decided to record a few episodes, since there's not much on right now. As someone mentioned, with FFing you can watch pretty quickly. I'm hooked for now, but the thing that amazes me is that it hasn't changed AT ALL in all these years. I love that. No trying to modernize it.
(I didn't read the first 50 pages of the thread--probably this was discussed before.)

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'm enjoying the tournament, but I'm glad we're going back to regular Jeopardy soon. I watched a rerun sat. nite and realized that I could answer a lot more questions than I can on the tournament. (and no, I never remember the answers from when I saw it a year ago. :) )

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I've always wondered if some of the contestants who seem to be so fast on the button, push their buzzer every time before they actually know if they know the answer or not. Maybe only in certain categories they are more confident of?????

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I'm obviously not an expert on this stuff. At what point does this light come on? As soon as the question appears? After Alex is done reading it? So is their speed a question of reacting to the light more than the question?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I always thought they were mostly in rows 3 and 4. I was right about the top 2 rows, but I'm surprised there are that many in the bottom row. I thought he was starting in the bottom row to build up some money before he hit the doubles.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
A lot of contestants, in general, seem to have trouble with getting the hang of ringing in. Like, if you ring in before Alex finishes reading, you lock yourself out for a moment. They're the ones you see pumping the button like a crack fiend. You have to wonder why no one tells them they look ridiculous.
Thank you--I've always wondered about this. I thought they thought their buzzer was broken--obviously they would stop the show if it was.

IMO he's still doing the teeth thing. Just how he looks, I guess. He seems like a nice guy. I love the "all in" gesture.

I wonder how far ahead they write the questions and categories. Will they try to make the questions harder? It would be funny if they unveiled a list of categories all about ballet. :D

1 - 20 of 90 Posts