TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TiVo User & Lover
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Bolt, I have had a one pass for Jeopardy! forever :). It recorded it on our local CBS station on chanel 1008 at 7:00p.m. each weeknight. I sometimes recorded a Saturday repeat older airing.

Now, the listing for local channel 8 CBS included two (2) listings each weekday for Jeopardy! --one at 3:30-4:00pm MARKED NEW and 7:00-7:30pm MARKED NEW. I don't want to the early one, only the regular one in the evening as a ONE PASS. I've tried every thing I can think of to fix it.. cancel ONE PASS, start over, same thing; try not to record new only, etc., same thing; try to start only with current season 37, same thing.

Can I contact the station to see why they are sending in two listings? Any other way to fix this?

Best,
DrWeb​

·
Premium Member
10,066 Posts
It's not ideal, but if the guide data is full of lies, you can resort to a weekday recording by time/channel instead of the one pass. If only as a temporary fix while you try to figure out if reporting it as a lineup problem looks possible.

·
TiVo User & Lover
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't you just go into the to do list and delete one recording?
It has two weeks of duplicate listings.. every week I have removed the dupes, and then the next week, same thing.. would like a better fix... it's not one recording.. it's 14 every two weeks.

·
TiVo User & Lover
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not ideal, but if the guide data is full of lies, you can resort to a weekday recording by time/channel instead of the one pass. If only as a temporary fix while you try to figure out if reporting it as a lineup problem looks possible.
Good idea, I hadn't thought of that.. I rely mostly on ONE PASS.. but worth doing. Thanks...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have had the exact same issue. I deleted the one pass and created a manual recording for the 7:00 time slot. You might want to start it 1 minute early if your station is like my station where it starts about 30 seconds early.

·
TiVo User & Lover
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had the exact same issue. I deleted the one pass and created a manual recording for the 7:00 time slot. You might want to start it 1 minute early if your station is like my station where it starts about 30 seconds early.
I have done this too, and it's a good solution for overkill (dupes) in the guide listings. I do normal one passes at 1 min early start and 1 min late end, so i did that on the manual recordings, too.. Happy camper.. now.. we miss Alex (RIP), but Jeopardy! is part of our family evening ritual over dinner.. thanks for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.